• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fakku's Urotsukidoji Manga Kickstarter Campaign Ends Successfully

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:01 am Reply with quote
So I guess there's still a fetish for blurred genitals? Rolling Eyes
revolutionotaku

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:15 am Reply with quote
I don't remember seeing anything about reaching a $87K goal.
Still, I like to congratulate FAKKU on getting Maeda's unreleased/uncensored works of art published in the States.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:56 am Reply with quote
Congrats. Now we have to wait a year probably just to get the first few volumes. Yeah, these things take time. Now when that happens will libraries buy them? I know I'll be putting them on my list of books to buy.
Parsifal24

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:11 am Reply with quote
Congrats I guess happy for those that got it funded and will now receive it
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Last time you guys posted a FAKKU news bit you used the same final paragraph which is incorrect (and I pointed it out then as well):

Fakku published Okama's Hanafuda erotic manga in February. The company entered a partnership with Wanimagazine last year and published Renai Sample by Homunculus, PuniKano by Pyon­-Kti, Welcome to Tokoharu Apartments by Gunma Kisaragi, Alluring Woman by Cuvie, and Peachy-Butt Girls (The Pretty Peach Hip) by Bosshi.

This is now over a year incorrect with Hanafuda being released the February before last (2015) and entering the partnership with Wani the year before last as well. I understand the need to do a basic copy and past job with past info bits you've published, but please make sure they're up to date when you do so. I've sent e-mails about it and other news concerning FAKKU, but at this point I'm assuming I'm being ignored or blocked. Who knows. But please at least get this stuff right.

And for anyone else interested in what else FAKKU has in store, at Anime Expo along with our usual erotic manga license announcements and revealing we're now working with a lot more publishers outside of Wani, we also announced two non-hentai titles:

Aiko no Ma-chan by Yamamoto Arisa, former assistant to the author of Hajime Isayama (Attack on Titan).

Aiko no Ma-chan tells the story of Aiko a girl who, shortly after getting her period, discovers she has the ability to talk to her vagina Ma-chan. Ma-chan accompanies Aiko on the path to womanhood while teaching her about growing up and becoming an individual. Unlike other publications, Aiko no Ma-chan does not shy away from 'taboo' topics such as menstruation and female masturbation.

Aiko no Ma-chan is a landmark publication which demonstrates the diversity in how we talk to girls about their bodies. It's a coming of age story of a young girl dealing with the hardships and experiences of getting your period and experiencing sexuality for the first time. Furthermore, it seeks to normalize the natural changes of a woman's body through puberty by using manga as a medium, making it accessible to a wider audience. This is of course in stark contrast to how typical Japanese media fetishizes developing girls while also condemning them for the natural changes of their bodies.

Koi no Choujikuuhou by reknown guro artist Shintaro Kago

Those are two titles that will probably appeal to those of you who like underground manga.
Kalessin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:08 pm Reply with quote
I considered backing it, but at $40 a volume, it wasn't even vaguely worth it IMHO. Still, all the more power to them, and maybe they'll sell it normally later at more reasonable prices. But kickstarters don't necessarily have reasonable prices, since they're not exactly selling the product.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:17 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
So I guess there's still a fetish for blurred genitals? Rolling Eyes

No, we have it uncensored. All our stuff is always released uncensored.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1