• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gantz:O CG Anime Film's 'Survival' Trailer Previews Theme Song by the dresscodes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ulinox

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Seriously, this looks like the best thing ever. They should just adapt the whole manga like this.
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:01 pm Reply with quote
I was kind of hoping for Rip Slyme to perform the theme song or at least use "Super Shooter" as an insert song. I still assume "Make Me Wanna Die" will be in the movie then.

Also...REIKA!!!!!!!! Anime hyper
Dr.N0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Okay, that looks epic, and the CGI is gorgeous! I really hope the complete movie can sustain that level of quality.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Ulinox wrote:
Seriously, this looks like the best thing ever. They should just adapt the whole manga like this.

that would be pretty amazing, and taking a lot of liberties with thw catastrophe arc (so it feels like an arc instead of a summary) would be the cherry on top.
hinugundam

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:10 pm Reply with quote
So, I know Gantz was a huge deal in Japan, but is this just a standalone movie adapting the Osaka arc? Like, this isn't part of a larger series of movies or anything? I wonder why they are just adapting the Osaka arc (despite it being great, It was like my favorite arc in the manga) instead of the whole thing, even though it is long.
AnimeGuy1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:14 pm Reply with quote
at this point I have no clue how this fits with the anime and other movies. but it looks cool.
anddo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:06 am Reply with quote
Can't wait for the home release!! I need this movie in my life.
Zimba

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:58 am Reply with quote
Cool!
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:34 am Reply with quote
hinugundam wrote:
So, I know Gantz was a huge deal in Japan, but is this just a standalone movie adapting the Osaka arc? Like, this isn't part of a larger series of movies or anything? I wonder why they are just adapting the Osaka arc (despite it being great, It was like my favorite arc in the manga) instead of the whole thing, even though it is long.

because this is around the point where the other adaptations stopped.

AnimeGuy1 wrote:
at this point I have no clue how this fits with the anime and other movies. but it looks cool.

the manga is the source; the anime covers the first 3 hunts then makes up the 4th one; the ps2 game covers the first 4 hunts witha lot of what if scenarios; the mvoies cover the first 8 hunts though the hutns 4 to 8 are apraoched very differently, for some we don't even get the hunts but only the events that happen outside of them; the osaka movie is the 9th hunt , it's the first one that has not been adapted at all. the novel adapt the hunts previous to the manga and the ones parallel to the manga events.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Regardless of how this turns out overall, the CG artists need a raise, and an award. This looks like a SE cut-scene on a budget. Slow clap.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1