• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Pokémon Sun & Moon Games' English Team Skull Reveal Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LokiReed

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:01 pm Reply with quote
What have they done to my boy Raichu?! I was expecting electric/water for pikachu and raichu's alolan forms, because of the whole surfing pikachu thing, and surfing being such a big part of hawaii. Opportunity missed big time pokemon company........
Animechic420

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:32 pm Reply with quote
LokiReed wrote:
What have they done to my boy Raichu?! I was expecting electric/water for Pikachu and Raichu's Alolan forms, because of the whole surfing Pikachu thing, and surfing being such a big part of Hawaii. Opportunity missed big time pokemon company........

Well, when you think about it, Alola Raichu is the first Electric/Psychic-type.
MoMo990066

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Ok, it's cool Raichu got a new form and it's psychic but it looks kinda lame. I'm a little disappointed. Marrowak looks cool though and team skull looks hilarious.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:33 pm Reply with quote
LokiReed wrote:
What have they done to my boy Raichu?! I was expecting electric/water for pikachu and raichu's alolan forms, because of the whole surfing pikachu thing, and surfing being such a big part of hawaii. Opportunity missed big time pokemon company........

Seems too predictable when you look at it from another perspective.....along with remembering the fact that Chinchou exists.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:54 pm Reply with quote
I want that Raichu!
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:12 pm Reply with quote
LokiReed wrote:

As long as it can actually learn Surf, I'll be dandy.

Let's see, so far I have
Rowlet
Alohan Raichu (if it can learn Surf)
Alohan Marowak
in my team. Might put Alohan Eggecutor, but I don't want my team to have too much Gen 1 nostalgia.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:30 pm Reply with quote
I would be surprised if some of the members of Team Skull had a Koffing in addition to the common Zubat; thrilled if Plumeria or Guzma owned a Skuntank on top of that. Smile
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:59 am Reply with quote
I really love Wishiwashi right now. The idea of it being a tiny, diminutive fish but joining together and becoming strength in numbers personified. Its School Form is as big as Gyarados!

I wonder if anyone will partner up Wishiwashi with Wimpod on a double battle team. It epitomizes the approach to Alolan Pokémon right now: There aren't so many big, strong Pokémon as there are Pokémon who are likely physically weak but have strange gimmicks to compensate, like Minior, Mimikyu, Wimpod, Pyukumuku, Comfey, Bruxish, Oricorio, and Salandit. Some of them will probably evolve though.

Animechic420 wrote:
Well, when you think about it, Alola Raichu is the first Electric/Psychic-type.

Well, not counting Magi Sonichu.

Mr. Oshawott wrote:
I would be surprised if some of the members of Team Skull had a Koffing in addition to the common Zubat; thrilled if Plumeria or Guzma owned a Skuntank on top of that. Smile

Considering Team Skull is rap-themed, I'm hoping to see them bringing Scraggy and Scrafty into battle, as they are actually based on modern-day gangsters.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:08 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
Considering Team Skull is rap-themed, I'm hoping to see them bringing Scraggy and Scrafty into battle, as they are actually based on modern-day gangsters.

Krokorok and Krookodile would also fit within Team Skull very well. Cool
D-Rock

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:15 pm Reply with quote
And still no new Megas. Was hopin' for a Mega-Arcanine. Now, it seems the best we'll get is Alolan Arcanine... Well, as long as it has good typing and a good ability, I GUESS it's OK.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:56 pm Reply with quote
I think there will be at least a handful of Mega Evolutions coming...
Even if they won't be appearing in Sun & Moon, the Alolan Form Pokémon will keep me busy for a quite a while. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1