• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream Persona 5 the Animation -The Day Breakers- Special

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DRWii

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Nice to know I won't have to torrent it, though it almost certainly won't be available for free users until next week.

I wish the advertising for this special didn't call it a "prologue" though; that implies it takes place before the events of the game, which is rather clearly not the case.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:02 pm Reply with quote
DRWii wrote:
I wish the advertising for this special didn't call it a "prologue" though; that implies it takes place before the events of the game, which is rather clearly not the case.

If it's not some kind of prequel, as all of the advertising implies, then what is it? They didn't simply adapt the opening of the game (i.e. the game's "prologue"), did they?
DRWii

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:37 pm Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:
If it's not some kind of prequel, as all of the advertising implies, then what is it? They didn't simply adapt the opening of the game (i.e. the game's "prologue"), did they?

It's an original side-story that takes place sometime during the game. The reason it's obviously not a prologue is because it follows five party members taking care of a request in Mementos (the game's big side dungeon); if it took place before the events of the game, none of the characters would be together at all, let alone fighting Shadows.

This is just theorizing on my part, but it looks like the game is going to do the "one new character per dungeon" thing the last 2 games did, and Yusuke (the blue-haired one) probably joins during the second dungeon, so "Day Breakers" would take place after that.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Technically speaking the episode does take place before the start of the game but only due to spoiler[a huge handwave at the very end]. But the majority is obviously somewhere in the middle of the game.
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:52 pm Reply with quote
This game is coming out this year right? no more delay?

PS4 slim+ persona 5+ kingdom heart 3 ??

will be busy for a while
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1