• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Daisuki to Stream Long Riders!, Magic of Stella, March comes in like a lion, Occultic;Nine Ani

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SlamMan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Darn, looks like I'll have to wait a week to watch Long Riders! and Magic of Stella. At least its daisuki and not the anime network. From what I see on their membership page I can still watch the shows in HD, I'll just have to wait for them. If I am wrong on this please let me know so that I can be annoyed about this announcement.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Daisuki did some fine job picking up March comes in like a lion and Occultic;Nine, since i believe this 2 will be one of the better ones from the fall season Smile
Parsifal24

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Well, this just further confirms that the Daisuki premium membership I signed up for is the best $5 I've ever spent.

I'll be interested in watching March Comes In Like A Lion as I adored Umino's previous work Honey and Clover and what I've read of March Comes In Like a Lion is fantastic I just hope Shinbo doesn't make it too "weird."

Happy to see Stella no Mahō and Long Riders get picked up as well as those will probably be my go to "cute girl" series.
Blankslate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:24 pm Reply with quote
March comes in like a Lion, Occultic Nine, and Magic of Stella premiere in North America a week after the Japanese broadcast. This all but confirms Crunchyroll has the NA license and will stream them first.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Looks like I may have to replace my Funi subscription with a Daisuki one. Seems like Japan may have started to respond to the CR-Funi pact. We'll see if more stuff goes Daisuki, Anime Network and Sentai's way, this season and moving forward. Though unfortunately Daisuki doesn't have a Roku app.

Last edited by zrnzle500 on Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Considering 3gatsu, Occultic;Nine and IBO aren't stated as exclusives, I imagine this means we will be seeing those on Crunchyroll as well. I can jump over to Daisuke for Magic of Stella, if it's worth it.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Blankslate wrote:
March comes in like a Lion, Occultic Nine, and Magic of Stella premiere in North America a week after the Japanese broadcast. This all but confirms Crunchyroll has the NA license and will stream them first.

Since they said Stella is exclusive, I doubt CR (or anyone else) has them.

relyat8 wrote:
Considering 3gatsu, Occultic;Nine and IBO aren't stated as exclusives, I imagine this means we will be seeing those on Crunchyroll as well. I can jump over to Daisuke for Magic of Stella, if it's worth it

The first two probably, but I'm guessing IBO will go to Hulu like the last season.
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:29 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:

The first two probably, but I'm guessing IBO will go to Hulu like the last season.

I watched IBO on Crunchyroll last season. It was a week behind, but it was worth the wait.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:31 pm Reply with quote
^You're right. I was referring to the simulcast not delayed ones
goatnuke

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:32 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
Looks like I may have to replace my Funi subscription with a Daisuki one. Seems like Japan may have started to respond to the CR-Funi pact. We'll see if more stuff goes Daisuki, Anime Network and Sentai's way, this season and moving forward.

Daisuki is getting these shows a week late and given past history this means they'll all air on Crunchyroll alongside Japan. Crunchyroll just hasn't announced these yet but it will happen. (Edit: maybe outside of Long Riders and Magic of Stella if those are exclusive although a one-week delay on exclusives is weird to me)

However, there *is* a reaction to the CR/Funi deal you're likely to see... Sentai may or may not put their shows on Crunchyroll anymore because they're in bed with their direction competition (Funimation). We already saw Sentai pull a laundry list of catalog shows from CR in June and they seem to be licensing simulcasts to The Anime Network now. That's a pretty big hit to CR.

Last edited by goatnuke on Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:36 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:

IBO has already been announced for same-day streaming on Gundam.Info's youtube page.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:46 pm Reply with quote
shame their player is utter crap. I just get this error, since their site launched....on every computer I've tried it on.

spoiler[Error code #: 102100
Description: Loading of the specified resource has failed.
Runtime Error Code: #5
Runtime Error Message: FILE_NOT_FOUND
Resource URL: https://bngn-vh.akamaihd.net/i/43383936/35470338/smil/US/00039/762051782104656.smil/master.m3u8?hdnea=st=1475261110~exp=1475261410~acl=/*~hmac=17302b22987959f0d7b99abaeb8c833797d4d16deb9573a12b1a27670f3c9cd6]

They need to fix that if they want my money or even viewership. Get with the times and get an HMTL5 player anyway. CR needs to get HTML5 too tho.

At least Gundam will be on youtube as well. I honestly wish EVERYTHING was on youtube....by far the best player out there and has the best app.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Daisuki's own site states "one week exclusive" for Long Riders!:
http://www.daisuki.net/us/en/campaign/premium-service.html?icid=LP_Premium
chito895

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
shame their player is utter crap. I just get this error, since their site launched....on every computer I've tried it on.

spoiler[Error code #: 102100
Description: Loading of the specified resource has failed.
Runtime Error Code: #5
Runtime Error Message: FILE_NOT_FOUND
Resource URL: https://bngn-vh.akamaihd.net/i/43383936/35470338/smil/US/00039/762051782104656.smil/master.m3u8?hdnea=st=1475261110~exp=1475261410~acl=/*~hmac=17302b22987959f0d7b99abaeb8c833797d4d16deb9573a12b1a27670f3c9cd6]

They need to fix that if they want my money or even viewership. Get with the times and get an HMTL5 player anyway. CR needs to get HTML5 too tho.

At least Gundam will be on youtube as well. I honestly wish EVERYTHING was on youtube....by far the best player out there and has the best app.

I've got the same error since they launched their premium service. The last thing I watched there was One Punch Man, and not even their smartphone app works now. Hopefully they'll fix it for this new season, they have two shows I really wanted to watch (3gatsu and Occultic;Nine).

It will be great if Crunchyroll gets these two shows.
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:18 pm Reply with quote
The only thing I'm slightly interested in was March comes in like a lion, but as it wasn't announced as an exclusive and will air a week later then it seems that CR will have it on time. Good! Now we just wait for CR to announce the rest of their lineup and see if Sentai will work with CR (It seems unlikely considering UtaPri S4 will be on AnimeNetwork). Maybe they'll share one or two though.

TheAncientOne wrote:
Daisuki's own site states "one week exclusive" for Long Riders!:
http://www.daisuki.net/us/en/campaign/premium-service.html?icid=LP_Premium

So it's only exclusive for a week then? I'm confused about this?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2