• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Square Enix's Schoolgirl Strikers Game App Gets TV Anime by J.C. Staff

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:47 am Reply with quote
I downloaded the game of this from the iTunes Japan store but couldn't really make heads or tails of it. Has anyone here gotten more into Schoolgirl Strikers?
+ 光

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:12 am Reply with quote
@ANN STAFF-SAN You used the same pic character picture for Tsubame Miyama and Yumi Sajima. Surely they're not one person?! Where's the red-haired girl?
Deynard

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:34 am Reply with quote
First you do excellent Shokugeki no Souma and next you do anime about sweet girls doing things.

J.C. Staff get your sh*t together.
TarutoClown93

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:44 am Reply with quote
Deynard wrote:
First you do excellent Shokugeki no Souma and next you do anime about sweet girls doing things.

J.C. Staff get your sh*t together.

I played the game myself and I can tell you this has more than just cute girls doing cute things. It's also a magical girl story taking place in a specialized magic school about them fighting against monsters on a daily basis in the same way as Strike Witches and Ange Vierge, albeit with far less fanservice.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:14 am Reply with quote
Deynard wrote:
I don't know really, these anime studios aren't obligated toward doing specific series and genre only. More variety goes a long way for me.
consignia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:34 pm Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:
I downloaded the game of this from the iTunes Japan store but couldn't really make heads or tails of it. Has anyone here gotten more into Schoolgirl Strikers?

Yeah, I played it for a while along with Pop-up Story, but it's such a huge grind and not particularly gamey. The bit you control is mostly just setting your team up. It's really gacha heavy, to get the best cards you pretty much have spend money. The presentation is pretty good though and the side stories are far more fun than the main story. I had to give up when my phone died, as I hadn't linked my play account and the progress was too slow to start from scratch. I picked up Battle Girl High School soon afterwards, which is also getting anime, and it's superior in pretty much everyway apart. It's more of a game for a start.

On the main news article. I'd actually expected this to get an anime ages ago. There'd frequently be big announcements on the app, but they usually turned out to be yet another collaboration.
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:07 pm Reply with quote
What? SE anime not being done by A-1 Pictures? My mind is blown.

Miyuki Sawashiro as best girl #1? I'm watching.
Breakthrough

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Two of my favorite voice actresses, Kana Hanazawa and Miyuki Sawashiro Very Happy

I'll watch it just for that.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:25 pm Reply with quote
I have seen the game before but I have never got the chance to play it. The anime looks good. Guess I can put this on watch list next year. Also, judging from that bath scene for a couple of seconds, this may some Ange Vierge in it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1