• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Deadpool Director Tim Miller Develops Sonic the Hedgehog Film

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meiam

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:49 pm Reply with quote
...what?
D-Rock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Two things must not happen:

1) Sonic must NOT kiss a human girl at the end or vice versa.

2) Knuckles does NOT look like a freak of nature. (I absolute HATE his new look)
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:38 pm Reply with quote
...I still don't know how I feel about this...
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:08 am Reply with quote
Sony pictures is behind this? Well we all know that this is going to be one big train wreck and just when I thought that Sonic couldn't sink any lower. Sad
CatSword

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:51 am Reply with quote
This shit best be R-rated. I'm counting on you, Tim! Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Soaringfalco1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:01 am Reply with quote
I dont see cause for concern here since Miller is just overseeing as a producer and also an employee from Miller's "Blur studio", which was responsible for the special effects on Deadpool is directing if nothing else this just might help this project to make it more contemporary.

Last edited by Soaringfalco1 on Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:21 am; edited 3 times in total
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:01 am Reply with quote
I guess now we know why he left Deadpool 2 - Reynolds probably in the Mario camp Very Happy
crazieanimefan1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:17 am Reply with quote
KutovoiAnton wrote:
I guess now we know why he left Deadpool 2 - Reynolds probably in the Mario camp Very Happy

lol Actually him and Ryan couldn't agree on Cable casting is what I heard. But a Sonic movie...I wonder if Shadow will be the "Deadpool" for it.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:23 am Reply with quote
D-Rock wrote:

2) Knuckles does NOT look like a freak of nature. (I absolute HATE his new look)

On this subject, a few more criteria might be added:

3) Doctor Eggman will only ever be referred to as 'Robotnik', ideally with an exaggeratedly rolling 'r' sound.

4) Scratch, Grounder and Coconuts will be given long-overdue cameos, complete with any and all catchphrases.

5) This immortal line from the previous motion picture must be included in its entirety.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:38 am Reply with quote
Cat: If it was R-rated, then it'd be about Conker. Razz
PsychoPearl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:32 am Reply with quote
I hope it doesn't look like crap...
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:58 am Reply with quote
D-Rock wrote:

Does it still count as kissing if they tongue wrestle without their lips ever touching? More seriously, watching that scene just made me doubt the idea even more: Sonic characters do not mix with realistic characters; actual humans can only be worse. Giving them hyperdetailed fur might help, but there's nothing to be done for Robotnik(casting an on-screen actor would just draw attention to the problem, I think).
Quote:
Agreed. Those oversized guns are completely out of proportion to the rest of the design.
Zin5ki wrote:
3) Doctor Eggman will only ever be referred to as 'Robotnik', ideally with an exaggeratedly rolling 'r' sound.
I quite liked how the first Sonic Adventure handled it: Sonic called him Eggman and it made him furious. By SA2 he was referring to himself as "Eggman", sadly.
Quote:
4) Scratch, Grounder and Coconuts will be given long-overdue cameos, complete with any and all catchphrases.
Does "I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG!" appear anywhere but this series? Because it really needs to be included in any movie. Maybe he could say it as they dig him out from under something?
Quote:
5) This immortal line from the previous motion picture must be included in its entirety.
I have to wonder how they'll work it out if they try to take the movie in a serious direction, though.
KefkaesqueXIII

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:12 am Reply with quote
crazieanimefan1 wrote:
KutovoiAnton wrote:

lol Actually him and Ryan couldn't agree on Cable casting is what I heard. But a Sonic movie...I wonder if Shadow will be the "Deadopool" for it.

Article I read said the issue was more stylistic in nature, with Miller wanting Deadpool 2 to fall more in line with the other flashy, big-budget superhero movies than Reynolds was comfortable with.
theNightster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Just be glad it's not being directed by Michal Bay. Because it would be less about Sonic and more about his human friend trying tot get laid, with an over abondence of explosions, and Linken park will provide the song in the trailers and ending credits.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:24 pm Reply with quote
D-Rock wrote:

His Boom design along with everyone else's is exclusive to Boom.

AnimeLordLuis wrote:
Sony pictures is behind this? Well we all know that this is going to be one big train wreck

Actually we all don't. Not all of are jaded Sonic fans who think everything that's done with the franchise outside our ideal suggestions and beliefs is a bad thing.

theNightster wrote:
Just be glad it's not being directed by Michal Bay. Because it would be less about Sonic and more about his human friend trying tot get laid,.

I don't recall Sonic X being written like that.

Polycell wrote:
I quite liked how the first Sonic Adventure handled it: Sonic called him Eggman and it made him furious. By SA2 he was referring to himself as "Eggman", sadly.

Becomes a lot less sad when you research into the fact that Eggman is his original name (and explains his naming gimmick for his creations) and not Robotnik which was created for english speaking audiences much like the aforementioned berserk button.

Last edited by BadNewsBlues on Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2