• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Controversial Artist Rokudenashiko Working with Film Team on LGBT Law Firm Doc

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:55 pm Reply with quote
I caught part of a documentary about Fumi & Kazu on NHK World NHK World Facebook Inside Lens. Good luck to them and the Kickstarter for their new movie, and good luck and congratulations to Rokudenashiko and her husband on the upcoming birth! I hope the baby is healthy & happy!
jenny10-11

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:21 am Reply with quote
These lawyers were on Ellen Page's "Gaycation" documentary. It would be interesting to see a full documentary on them. Good luck to them to reach their goal!
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:48 am Reply with quote
Interesting documentary. Good luck on the kickstarter.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:35 pm Reply with quote
What does her case have to do with LGBT? She seems to be straight, and while women's issues in Japan need to be addressed as well, that doesn't fit under LGBT.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:13 pm Reply with quote
A very fascinating documentary that highlights how really hard the LGBTQ Community have it in Japan. I'm hoping it'll be a success. Smile
Polycell

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:31 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
What does her case have to do with LGBT? She seems to be straight, and while women's issues in Japan need to be addressed as well, that doesn't fit under LGBT.
There may be other reasons, but I suspect it comes down to: Japan is Japan and the clumping that's arisen in the west(LGBTwhateverwe'reuptotoday) doesn't necessarily make sense in the Japanese cultural context.
Lord Oink

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:19 pm Reply with quote
I seriously doubt Japan uses the phrase LGBT. People in America can't even get the amount of letters right. I see people still saying LGB because they refuse to acknowledge T, let alone other letters.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:33 pm Reply with quote
If you would read the project's Kickstarter page, it says that though the film is focused on an LGBT couple, it also deals with the broader issues of those in Japan who are marginalized and attacked for choosing to not conform to social norms.Rokudenashiko I'd definitely say would fit under that.
khmalik

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
I caught part of a documentary about Fumi & Kazu on NHK World NHK World Facebook Inside Lens. Good luck to them and the Kickstarter for their new movie, and good luck and congratulations to Rokudenashiko and her husband on the upcoming birth! I hope the baby is healthy & happy!

Thank you! Very Happy I'm one of the producers on the film and would love your support in helping us spread the word about the campaign on your social media! We are just 19 days away from the end of the campaign and if we don't raise all the $ we don't get anything. Can't wait to share the project with everyone

Here's the link - http://kck.st/2flAmSg
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1