• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Hero Academia Event Anime's Promo Reveals New Villain

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:55 pm Reply with quote
That trailer looked so good. Also, Momo and Ochako. Smile
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Okay I was confused at first, shame on me for not reading the article thoroughly, I thought this was a second season trailer. Which I thought was really strange that they are bringing in an anime only villain when the promotional poster for season 2 already showcased Stain as the main villain for this season. Then I saw this is an OVA which makes much more sense. The OVA looks awesome and I am excited because it seems like all the students of 1-A are going to get a chance to shine in the fight with the villain which is awesome to me.
Karasu-Lacryma

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:31 pm Reply with quote
As someone who's not read the manga, totally calling it that this OVA's villain is spoiler[All Might in disguise/mind control/something].
Jakerams

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:39 pm Reply with quote
This looks nice but it could have easily been used as a filler arc if they wanted to make the anime lengthy.
FrozenMoon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Jakerams wrote:
This looks nice but it could have easily been used as a filler arc if they wanted to make the anime lengthy.

Well I'm glad they're not stretching it out into a filler arc. I'm almost certain that the OVA is written by the original author of the manga, who has been keeping things pretty tight. Most material in the manga progresses either the characters and/or the story, in my opinion at least. Plus I believe we have more then enough manga material to make at least 24 more episodes, and there's a still of really great material that will look spectacular animated.

The OVA is looking absolutely fantastic, and I'm very happy we have something to tide us over until the second season.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Whoever this mysterious villain is, I'll bet his powers and endurance will prove to be a formidable challenge.
Shirohae

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Monster Hunter wrote:
Okay I was confused at first, shame on me for not reading the article thoroughly, I thought this was a second season trailer. Which I thought was really strange that they are bringing in an anime only villain when the promotional poster for season 2 already showcased Stain as the main villain for this season. Then I saw this is an OVA which makes much more sense. The OVA looks awesome and I am excited because it seems like all the students of 1-A are going to get a chance to shine in the fight with the villain which is awesome to me.

OMG haha me too! I thought this was a new Villain in the 2nd season..when Stain was already announced for 2nd season!! I was like WTF! This looks absolutely awesome tho!! HYPE!
Jakerams

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:29 pm Reply with quote
FrozenMoon wrote:
Jakerams wrote:

Well I'm glad they're not stretching it out into a filler arc. I'm almost certain that the OVA is written by the original author of the manga, who has been keeping things pretty tight. Most material in the manga progresses either the characters and/or the story, in my opinion at least. Plus I believe we have more then enough manga material to make at least 24 more episodes, and there's a still of really great material that will look spectacular animated.

The OVA is looking absolutely fantastic, and I'm very happy we have something to tide us over until the second season.
It has enough chapters for more than 48 episodes if they go at the same pace they did for the first season. And I wouldn't mind a small filler arc in BnHA if it was a long running series. It's a hero series set in school so it's easy to make a small filler series during school breaks for characters without messing up the story. Though that is only if they were making a long running series.
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:38 pm Reply with quote
FrozenMoon wrote:

As we are right now I can pretty confidently predict how season 2 and 3 will be set out from the manga. Now this is going by if season 2 and 3 will have 13 ep seasons like season 1. If that is true this is how they should be set up.

Season 2 will start off with the UA sports tournament arc which we saw in the season 2 teaser trailer. This will then lead into the training with mentors and finally end with the fight with Stain.

Season 3 will start off with the term finals where the students team up into teams of two and take on a different teacher. Which will lead into the summer training camp and the attack by the villains alliance.

Season 3 is really where I run into the issue if the seasons will have more episodes. If they stay at 13 episodes a season then there is no way they can go directly onto the events that happen due to the fallout of the villains alliance attack on the summer camp. If they end it there though it ends on a really down note for the heroes. So if they do extend these seasons to say 24-26 ep seasons then season 3 will definitely move onto what happens after the summer training camp. Which if you read the manga is HUGE! The only problem with that is if they extend season 2's episode count there is in no way enough manga material to make a 24-26 ep season from the sports tournament, to the mentor training, and ending with the Stain fight. They will either a. have to add in a filler arc or b. move the term finals to end season 2 and that is a really boring and anticlimatic way to end season 2 compared to the awesome fight that is the Stain fight.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1