• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Summer Lesson PSVR Game's 2 New English Videos Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animorphimagi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:24 am Reply with quote
i hope marketing pushes this toward the 13+ age range. I wanna see some good footage of it when it shows up on the news on tv
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:25 am Reply with quote
This is getting really, really creepy...

just sayin.
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Stampeed Valkyrie wrote:
This is getting really, really creepy...

just sayin.

I think it's unfortunate that's the case - I'd love to see this come out over here (uncensored/unaltered) or at least hope that the advertised Asian-regions version that has the English translation already inserted (like one of the recent DOAX games) can be downloaded here with some PSN account foolery. I posted a while back....here(?) on another VR thread pointing out I'd love to see something like a Persona game include "personal"/close interactions with VR as their Social Links segments, that would be amazing if it turned out looking this good.

That out of the way, I'm cringing a little at the vibe this is giving me. The maid outfit thing and the feeding......and the neck stuff.....also the fact that she's clearly saying "sensei" (which uuuuuusually is gender-neutral right?) has been translated out to "sir".....it makes it look like a thinly-veiled excuse for a middle-aged Japanese man to ogle a schoolgirl.

I'm still dying to try it out since I've yet to see another VR game this "realistic-looking" & specifically about human interaction, but I'd personally prefer it more if it would be a strictly "professional lady teacher drama about a struggling female student" as opposed to "let me shove this in your mouth sensei & see where this goes" thing. Oh Japan.....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1