• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
This Week in Games - Final Fantasy XV Revisited

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:57 am Reply with quote
FF15 turned out to be one of the great FF games and then you realize how much content was cut but still exists, it dogs at every fan that has ever been there for the story telling. A decade of setup with the potential to be the greatest story and 3/4 of the game is missing.

They are still finding new things in the game. It makes me ill just thinking about it and how SE is handling the whole thing. It's like all the greats have left and the leftovers are winging it......Oh right.

I can't wait to get BOTW, game looks fun.
zekro94

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:21 am Reply with quote
I quite enjoyed the gladio DLC, yeah it's short but at least now you have a diversity because you can't just keep smashing the attack button, you have to evade, counter and use your surrounding to win the fights.Have you tried the Final Trial? it pits you aganist spoiler[Cor]

The new Zelda game seems fun, no nintendo console for now so can't play it but from what I saw this one really is a masterpiece
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:57 am Reply with quote
All these articles and such about FFXV's additions to fix various aspects that troubled or annoyed people who played the game to completion remind me heavily of the game's very troubled development history. And just think, it all started with an announcement in 2006 that displayed a different game we didn't and wouldn't actually get. I still haven't actually played it though. I'm not sure I want to anymore, to be honest.

Personally I'm just eagerly awaiting my copy of Summon Night 6 to arrive in the mail. I finally put away Tales of Berseria and returned to Ys Origin and Exist Archive in the meantime.
varmintx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:48 pm Reply with quote
I hope that extremely lenient trial period for FFXIV entices new players to try it out. People complain about the subscription fee, but I was able to beat the main game in the 44 days the original trial + 1 month got me. It's now even easier to beat it and enjoy what is easily the best Final Fantasy in more than a decade.
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Jesus christ you're unnecessarily harsh with the Gladio DLC. To quote a poster from another forum, it's just a 1 and a half hour campaign with new music, new types of enemies, 3 totaly new bosses, 1 totaly new playable character, 1 secret boss, speed run mode, and rewards carrying to the full game, for 5$.

In a world where Atlus and Namco sell costume packs for 7-10$, the Gladiolus DLC is a steal. The DLC also sheds more light on Cor's character than it did with Gladiolus(Even though the DLC is supposed to be mainly about him) but you didn't even mention it. Honestly this just sounds like you forced yourself to play it just to get this lazy review(?) out.
Quote:
It technically addresses the problems, but it's such a slapdash bandaid that it feels nearly offensive. The brief sequence plays just like Episode Gladiolus, and if you launch it from the main menu it even ends with an ad for that bit of DLC—which in turn ends with an ad for Episode Prompto, due out later this year

And what's wrong if it's an ad? This is a good way to let people check Gladio's combat system before paying 5$ for the DLC.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:20 pm Reply with quote
I loved Episode Gladiolus!! The Final Trial was such a challenge! I literally jumped out of my seat and yelled when I finally cleared it. In my opinion it was the most difficult boss fight the game has offered. I still haven't achieved the score attack trophies yet, but I plan on doing that this weekend. I'm sure my girlfriend will appreciate that new outfit lol

Also, Keiichi Okabe's remix of Battle on the Big Bridge was absolutely epic!!
cloud8100

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:15 am Reply with quote
Haven't actually gotten the season pass for FFXV yet so I can't comment on that but my god do people blow chapter 13 completely out of perspective.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:13 am Reply with quote
Xbox Live sold the digital deluxe edition at 30% off last week including the season pass.

But it says something that the game isn't really ready till a few months after the fact. Isn't that right creepy Andromeda faces?
Paiprince

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:19 am Reply with quote
It's rather "nice" of SE to give you the option to play the modified final chapter in FFXV. I still haven't even left Lestallum yet (missed the Chocobo event, not that I feel like I missed a whole lot anyways.) Either way, I'm just gonna wait for a DLC batch set of all the episodes so I can get the missing experiences in one go rather than having to wait after an hour's bit of doing Glad's.
Peebs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Aaah, Nintendo, you're not doing yourself any favors if you think FEH is an outlier. Let's start with Miitomo: it's not a game. It's supposed to be a social game? I'm not sure. You talk to your friends and answer questions and play mini-games that get you clothes to wear. Oh and you can buy the coins to buy other sets of clothes to wear. Now you can create additional Miis and give them their own room and they can wear the clothes you've purchased (yeah, I had to drop money for some Zelda or FEH gear) 'cause they're not gonna wear themselves! Gawd, this app is annoying. I can't even call it a game.

Then there's Super Mario Run. It was darn hard to clear the first level in the first world. I had not noticed that if you get 2 or 3 of the 5 special coins, you don't keep them. So you have to keep trying and trying until you get all 5 coins in one go. That wasn't too bad on the first level. The second level took me a long time to finally get all 5 coins. I gave up. The game is too hard for me. I didn't pay the overinflated price for a game that I better delete for all the additions I have to get for FEH.

Then there's FEH. Right now they're running a spring campaign. Chrom, Lucina, Xander, and Camilla in bunny outfits. Xander has a spear shaped as a carrot! This may be the first time this game will get me to spend money to buy orbs so I can get these dorks in their adorkable outfits. I play it every day and I find it more enjoyable than Miitomo, SMR, and tic-tac combined.

So yeah, Nintendo. Mobile is not for you? Learn from what you've done with FEH because that is how the other games I play do it and in all of them I've spent money more than once.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Xbox Live sold the digital deluxe edition at 30% off last week including the season pass.

But it says something that the game isn't really ready till a few months after the fact. Isn't that right creepy Andromeda faces?

Think you mean creepy Assassin's Creed Unity faces at least the ones in Andromeda have skin on them.
Xenogearj

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:11 pm Reply with quote
I took the same exact pic lol, except I had more of the cliffs and less of the base I was standing on.

I enjoyed Ch.13 Verse 2. It did fill in some questions. True it should have been in the game to begin with, but at least we get that. Makes you wonder how Ch. 13 went through testing lol. What I like the most is that SE acknowledged they dropped the ball, listened to the fans, and made a more well-rounded product, even if just 5% more.

The Gladiolus DLC was solid, especially for $5. The best thing about it is the final boss, and how the final boss is actually tied into the overall FFXV universe.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1