• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Annecy Festival Screens A Silent Voice, In This Corner of the World, Lu over the wall

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:05 am Reply with quote
If only I could be there. I would LOVE to have the privilege of heading to that festival to watch all of those movies I've long anticipated, especially Yuasa's "Lu over the wall." Always wanted to see "A Silent Voice" because I loved the manga. "In This Corner of the World" also caught my intrigue since I love historical films. Curious about Kamiyama's "Ancien and the Magic Tablet," seems like fun. I Don't care about Blame! in this case since I can easily catch it on Netflix once it comes out. I'd love to catch a snippet of what the Mazinger Z movie would look like. Whoever goes there are very lucky.
omnistry

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:51 am Reply with quote
Studio 4°C's latest film Mutafukaz will also be screening there, FYI.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:20 am Reply with quote
It's really cool that A Silent Voice gets to be in the competition in Annecy. I wonder how it'll do compared to its competitors.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:44 pm Reply with quote
It's funny that I come across this because I was watching a YT'ber who does anime analysis and he did an animation spotlight on Yuasa. And while I don't follow everything Yuasa does I really admire his work. I really enjoyed Kemonozume. Which is the first work I've watch by him. He summed up his work as being considered "timeless". The man has such an array that can be looked back on for years to come and it will still stand the test of time. Seems he's getting a lot of attention and work noticed.

A would love to see 'A Silent Voice'. Hopefully we'll see a screening this summer. I'm crossing my fingers on that.

Too bad that the Annecy Festival is overseas. I would love to see these screenings. But summer isn't that far off.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1