• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Announces English Dubs for 8 More Simulcast Titles, Brave Witches

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SailorPluto1313

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:24 pm Reply with quote
YESSS! I was hoping they'd simuldub The Royal Tutor!!! Yaaaaay! :DDDDD
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:57 pm Reply with quote
I'm shocked their simildubbing Mortal Sins given how borderline Yuri hentai it's been in jsut two episodes.

Still really pysched for Love Tyrant, it seems like the kind of show Jamie Marchi would be good at writing the script for, she's good with the innuendos and romance/sex jokes.
FlowerAiko

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:57 pm Reply with quote
100% YES to a SukaSuka/WorldEnd dub. I've been enjoying that series quite a bit and I'll totally rewatch the series in dub.

Love Tyrant is also a nice surprise.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:
I'm shocked their simildubbing Mortal Sins given how borderline Yuri hentai it's been in jsut two episodes.

Still really pysched for Love Tyrant, it seems like the kind of show Jamie Marchi would be good at writing the script for, she's good with the innuendos and romance/sex jokes.

Ye likewise was also surprised that they would go and dub that, was expecting some other tittles to get dubs but well i guess they cant do many either since amazon has exclusive rights to thoose....
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Well, didn't expect Funi to dub the Strike Witches spinoff, Brave Witches. (Though yeah, they already did S1 and 2, along with the movie, even if it took long to arrive stateside.)

But at least to look forward to it.
FlowerAiko

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:05 pm Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
Snakebit1995 wrote:

Ye likewise was also surprised that they would go and dub that, was expecting some other tittles to get dubs but well i guess they cant do many either since amazon has exclusive rights to thoose....

Well to be fair they've done Bikini Warriors, so I wouldn't put this past them.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Well lets just hope they dont sit on on brave witches like they did on Strike Witches the movie
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:

Seeing as how they've done Yurikuma I doubt that yuri would have been a problem, and as someone mentioned earlier they also dubbed Bikini Warriors.

That being said I still wish that they could have somehow gotten their hands on Re:Creators and/or Virgin Soul before Amazon snatched them up.

I barely noticed Love Tyrant would be out tomorrow, gonna have to check that one out and 7 Mortal Sins on Sunday (just the show you wanna watch on the sabbath)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:19 pm Reply with quote
No rage of bahamut: virgin soul?
Raebo101

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:27 pm Reply with quote
#854626 wrote:
No rage of bahamut: virgin soul?

I know, right? Sad But that's an Amazon title, so they can't dub it right now. Fingers crossed for the Home Video release!
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Snakebit1995 wrote:

Seeing as how they've done Yurikuma I doubt that yuri would have been a problem, and as someone mentioned earlier they also dubbed Bikini Warriors.

That being said I still wish that they could have somehow gotten their hands on Re:Creators and/or Virgin Soul before Amazon snatched them up.

I barely noticed Love Tyrant would be out tomorrow, gonna have to check that one out and 7 Mortal Sins on Sunday (just the show you wanna watch on the sabbath)

I'd say there's a big difference between Yurikuma and Mortal Sins, one is more of a cutsy sexual Yuri where as the other is more of a hardcore sexual Yuri.
JackCox

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
"WorldEnd: What are you doing at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us?"

Is this the sequel to "Hollywoo Stars and Celebrities: What Do They Know? Do They Know Things?? Let's Find Out!"?
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Snakebit1995 wrote:

I'd say there's a big difference between Yurikuma and Mortal Sins, one is more of a cutsy sexual Yuri where as the other is more of a hardcore sexual Yuri.

If you need a better example, Funimation just released Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid this week which they also dubbed. It's basically in the same vein as 7MS. So again it's not that much of a surprise. Honestly I would have been more shocked if Funimation DIDN'T get this.

At the very least this means we'll all get to play another rousing game of "Guess who used a Pseudonym."
joe_g7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Funimation getting busyyyy.
Random Name

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Anyone know if the broadcast material for brave witches is censored?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3