• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fairy Tail Creator Teases 'Lots of Plans' Even After the Manga Ends

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
louis6578

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:49 pm Reply with quote
{Edit}: Trollish bait post removed. If you have nothing of value to add to the topic just move on. ~ Psycho 101
KH91

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Trying to get that anime to return instead of Rave, eh?
Catsplay

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:02 am Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:
Poor guy. He's delusional. He thinks he still has fans...

I guess I don't exist then...wait. I'm excited for the return of the anime and for whatever new project Hiro Mashima decides to work on.
Eddy564

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:12 am Reply with quote
Well.... I can't say that I'm shocked or sad because I feel nothing of the sort. It's time it came to an end. I hope Hiro can salvage what's left of this series and conjure up a decent ending.

I'm sure what he means is a lot of post novel content and side stories that'll expand the universe sort of like Naruto.

Whatever he comes up with next, let's pray to God it's more like Rave Master than Fairy Tail.
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:55 am Reply with quote
hope its a series that would fit perfectly into a 24 episode anime adaptation. not everything needs to be as long as fairy tail was.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:37 am Reply with quote
This guy frequently works on multiple manga at a time. I think his record was...5, I think? If nothing else, Hiro Mashima is a workhorse and I trust he still has the stamina left to do other projects.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:04 am Reply with quote
Eddy564 wrote:

I'm sure what he means is a lot of post novel content and side stories that'll expand the universe sort of like Naruto.

Given the success of Dragon Ball Super and Boruto, I'm guessing he'll follow this new trend and develop a sequel series that other creators will do most of the work on. Fairy Tail's world is pretty expansive so you could easily do a series about a different guild, for instance.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:20 am Reply with quote
I just hope this means that the tv series gets a 3rd season and we can get a complete adaptation and people wont need to be forced to go and read the manga.
Baggie_Saiyan

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:02 am Reply with quote
I got out of Dragon Cry was pretty awesome, wayy better than the first film.

BlackPoint. wrote:
I just hope this means that the tv series gets a 3rd season and we can get a complete adaptation and people wont need to be forced to go and read the manga.

TV series is definitely coming, no need to worry about that. Question is though when? Hopefully winter time.
TokyoSplash

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:14 am Reply with quote
Really glad to hear this. More Fairy Tail, expanding on its world, isn't bad at all.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:02 am Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:

I'm willing to bet money there will be a 3rd series. With only two volumes left, they're probably just waiting for the manga to wrap up so they can adapt the whole remaining series without needing to do filler.
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:12 am Reply with quote
Would like to see a 3rd anime season. And, if the manga will have spin offs, I may follow it...depending on who the story (or stories) revolve around.

Though, I don't have any interest in following a new set of characters based in the same world.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:21 am Reply with quote
Wyvern wrote:
Eddy564 wrote:

Given the success of Dragon Ball Super and Boruto, I'm guessing he'll follow this new trend and develop a sequel series that other creators will do most of the work on. Fairy Tail's world is pretty expansive so you could easily do a series about a different guild, for instance.

Mashima does have a record of letting other authors work on side stuff, he supervised the spinoff about Young Gray (Ice Trail) as well as the Wendy Spinoff (Blue Mistral) and the Fairy Girls spinoff.
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:48 am Reply with quote
Hiro just let it die. It's time to move on. You are good mangaka but just finish FT once and for all. Do something new or hell even come back to something old like Rave Master which needs a remake anime!!
LuluTheOtaku

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:47 am Reply with quote
SpaceTheGamer wrote:
Hiro just let it die. It's time to move on. You are good mangaka but just finish FT once and for all. Do something new or hell even come back to something old like Rave Master which needs a remake anime!!

Is that not what he's doing? You make it sound like he's not moving on from Fairy Tail? The article states he intends to do a new series with new characters, in other words, completely irrelevant to the Fairy Tail characters or story. You might've just misread the article. But I might be wrong instead. I agree though that it's always good for a Mangaka to start fresh after a successful Series like Fairy Tail. If he feels the story is done, then it's good to move on and not drag something out longer than necessary. Can't say Fairy Tail hasn't already had it's fair share of spin-offs anyway.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3