• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Reveals Summer Simuldub Lineup

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Yikes, this number is low. Hopefully they increase that figure.
Raebo101

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:40 pm Reply with quote
BUT WHAT ABOUT RE:ZERO AND KONOSUBA? I was really hoping to hear something about that. Sad

Maybe it's too soon to announce those...

Last edited by Raebo101 on Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Looks like they got some of the scraps, but hey they got Centaur's Life so that's one series I'm looking forward to.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:42 pm Reply with quote
these are the only ones they could currently announce. they have more, but we will find out later.
DDragonking

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Really hope they announce more later cu usually they have 16 shows a season also really hope they get symphogear
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Well its cool that at less got A Centaur's Life
CatSword

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Damn it, that's a bad sign. I was really hoping the Netflix deal was only in Japan and there was still a chance for Crunchyroll to get Kakegurui. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:16 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
these are the only ones they could currently announce. they have more, but we will find out later.

Yep crunchyrolls AX panel is tommorrow so i bet ypu a dollar they have more shows to announce they got a license for which will mean more simuldub announcements.

All the shows they listed so far have already been confirmed by Crunchyroll so they are probably just trying to not steal their partners thunder.
Raebo101

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:
getchman wrote:

Yep crunchyrolls AX panel is tommorrow so i bet ypu a dollar they have more shows to announce they got a license for which will mean more simuldub announcements.

All the shows they listed so far have already been confirmed by Crunchyroll so they are probably just trying to not steal their partners thunder.

That makes sense. Re:Zero and KonoSuba were huge when they were airing, so I was disappointed that FUNimation hadn't said anything about releasing those shows on home video. Then I remembered that they were Crunchyroll shows and that Crunchyroll would probably wanna announce that themselves. Perhaps tomorrow they'll bring it up.

fingers crossed
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:

That makes sense. Re:Zero and KonoSuba were huge when they were airing, so I was disappointed that FUNimation hadn't said anything about releasing those shows on home video. Then I remembered that they were Crunchyroll shows and that Crunchyroll would probably wanna announce that themselves. Perhaps tomorrow they'll bring it up.

fingers crossed

Im not quite sure whats going on with those shows to be honest. Its unusual a dub or dvd/blu ray hasn't been announced yet. I wouldnt think Crunchyroll would be announcing video releases though since they have said in the past they are having funimation handle that.

{Edit: Please refrain from excessive quoting.. I edited your post for you. ~ Psycho 101}
Raebo101

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:59 pm Reply with quote
^ I know that FUNimation is handling Crunchyroll's home video releases, but Crunchyroll may want to announce themselves that they're releasing the series on home video through FUNimation at their panel, if that makes sense. Like you said, the announcements FUNimation made were just announcements that they were allowed to say at that moment. Now it's Crunchyroll's turn to bring it home!

... hopefully. Shocked
Kosaka

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Since their deal with Crunchyroll, I thought Funimation was only streaming simuldubs of new shows, so I'm surprised that they are the only licensor of 18if. (I missed the April announcement.)

Also, I think it's strange to call streaming Lupin III: Part IV a "simuldub", since it came out in 2015 and is airing on Toonami.
Random Name

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Didn't CR announce alot of dubs last year? So could happen again.
kwchou1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:
Lord Vaultman wrote:

fingers crossed

Crunchyroll doesn't dub shows, right?
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:
^ I know that FUNimation is handling Crunchyroll's home video releases, but Crunchyroll may want to announce themselves that they're releasing the series on home video through FUNimation at their panel, if that makes sense. Like you said, the announcements FUNimation made were just announcements that they were allowed to say at that moment. Now it's Crunchyroll's turn to bring it home!

... hopefully. Shocked

Maybe but i was reffering to summer show announcrments not home video announcements.

Theres still like 12 summer shows at least that are likely to be licensed that we could hear at crunchyrolls panel tommorow
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2