• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kingdom Hearts III Reveals Toy Story World, 2018 Launch

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:17 pm Reply with quote
YES! YES! FINALLY PIXAR IS IN KINGDOM HEARTS!
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Just as planned. Knew it would happen since Buzz and Woody were discovered in the data of KH2.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:41 pm Reply with quote
So 2019 eh? The game will be delayed obviously because videogames.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:50 pm Reply with quote
It's so beautiful. It's like participating in a Toy Story movie. They did a really good job with this.
Vannil

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:25 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if they can somehow mange to get Tom Hanks and Tim Allen to reprise their roles for the game since they will already be in studio recording for the Toy Story 4 film.
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Vannil wrote:
I wonder if they can somehow mange to get Tom Hanks and Tim Allen to reprise their roles for the game since they will already be in studio recording for the Toy Story 4 film.

Can hope for it...I personally doubt it though, Big stars dont really come and do video games VA., they couldnt get johnny depp or orlando bloom too reprise their roles in Pirates of the Caribbean world or Robin Williams too voice the genie in aladdin's world...etc

Got more respect for james woods though...makes Hades awesome.
Thorge

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Wonder if they will include a Marvel world. Would normally think that it would be wishful thinking but didn't square-enix get the rights to make Marvel games?
Aquamine-Amarine

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Thorge wrote:
Wonder if they will include a Marvel world. Would normally think that it would be wishful thinking but didn't square-enix get the rights to make Marvel games?

I don't want Star Wars or Marvel anywhere near Kingdom Hearts. If they want a space themed world, use Treasure Planet. If they want a super hero themed world, use The Incredibles. But they already have Big Hero 6... isn't that a super hero themed movie? I haven't seen it yet.
theNightster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Aquamine-Amarine wrote:
Thorge wrote:

I don't want Star Wars or Marvel anywhere near Kingdom Hearts. If they want a space themed world, use Treasure Planet. If they want a super hero themed world, use The Incredibles. But they already have Big Hero 6... isn't that a super hero themed movie? I haven't seen it yet.
they're probably not ever going to include Treasure Planet because it wasn't a very successful movie and was forgotten about a year after it came out, but I agree Marvel and Star wars have been their own things for years, it wouldn't work for KH even if the idea of a light saber keyblade just happens to be cool.
ICO44

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:30 pm Reply with quote
no, just no. there is no way in hell this game is getting released in 2018 not gonna happen.

I would be overjoyed if i was wrong but I just can't see it.
Vannil

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Aquamine-Amarine wrote:
Thorge wrote:

It is and its also technically a Marvel movie since its an adaptation/ revision of a Marvel property that really only has a few things in common of the limited series from Marvel.
Digimonlover101

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Nomura you troll, you said it wasn't going to be big news. This is far from "normal" info.
MCAL

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:09 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
Aquamine-Amarine wrote:
Thorge wrote:

they're probably not ever going to include Treasure Planet because it wasn't a very successful movie and was forgotten about a year after it came out.
KH had a world based on this...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mickey,_Donald,_Goofy:_The_Three_Musketeers

So I don't think that's really a problem.
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Vannil wrote:

I'd be surprised if they managed to get Tom Hanks. Tim Allen might be doable I don't think he's doing much these days.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Siegfriedl88 wrote:

Got more respect for james woods though...makes Hades awesome.

I know I don't considering his personal views are a bit on the problematic side.

theNightster wrote:
but I agree Marvel and Star wars have been their own things for years, it wouldn't work for KH even if the idea of a light saber keyblade just happens to be cool.

If Marvel and Star Wars work for Disney Infinity I don't see any reason why they wouldn't work in Kingdom Hearts.

ICO44 wrote:
no, just no. there is no way in hell this game is getting released in 2018 not gonna happen.

Well haven't you just had the optimism beaten out of you?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2