• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Niantic Confirms Legendary Pokémon to Debut at Pokémon GO Fest

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:32 am Reply with quote
Quote:
but they will not be able to use them to defend Gyms.

But how am I supposed to BM enemy teams by putting up their legendary where their gym used to be?
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
If players at the event succeed in defeating the Legendary Pokémon in the final challenge, that Pokémon will begin appearing in Raid Battles around the world after the event.

What if they don't succeed? Will the Legendary Pokémon just become nonexistent again? Will the time and money put into this be for nothing?
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:21 pm Reply with quote
The scene where Lugia made its giant appearance and the hundreds of Trainers engaging it in battle with their Pokémon was the best part of the celebratory trailer! Smile
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:24 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
What if they don't succeed? Will the Legendary Pokémon just become nonexistent again?

Then everyone gets a Delibird!

Do you seriously expect that they won't succeed? A total of 1 Pokemon could be caught during the entire event worldwide and they'll still succeed. The event is going to be rigged in their favor because there would be so many disappointed fans and negative press over it that it could be disastrous for their business.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:52 am Reply with quote
I've a feeling that Legendary Raids are going to be an overwhelmingly challenging feat for people living in rural areas...
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:33 am Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:
Then everyone gets a Delibird!

Do you seriously expect that they won't succeed? A total of 1 Pokemon could be caught during the entire event worldwide and they'll still succeed. The event is going to be rigged in their favor because there would be so many disappointed fans and negative press over it that it could be disastrous for their business.

Oh, I do expect them to succeed, and I do expect Niantic to nudge the players so they'll pull it off. It's just that every time I see a description of an event and an "if they succeed" phrase, it always makes me wonder if they have a contingency plan in case it doesn't happen.
Sheriru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:43 pm Reply with quote
My god, those "trailers" are way, way, way over the top. Normally people rant if the trailer is different as the game later.
So stupid. It give a whole wrong feeling, its not even close to the real thing. Because, who would have thought, is extreamly boring. I really dont understand the still hype for this and im not old.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Sheriru wrote:
My god, those "trailers" are way, way, way over the top. Normally people rant if the trailer is different as the game later.
So stupid. It give a whole wrong feeling, its not even close to the real thing. Because, who would have thought, is extreamly boring. I really dont understand the still hype for this and im not old.

The appeal of Pokémon GO is very simple: It's got the Pokémon name, it's widely available, and it's extremely easy to jump into and understand without any prior knowledge.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1