• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fate/Grand Order App Hits 10 Million Downloads in Japan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eddy564

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:11 am Reply with quote
Awesome. I love the story mode and the nuance to all the customization. Even though the rates for rare servants is freaking insane lol.
luis.couto.56

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:42 am Reply with quote
Pathetic. This game was released in 2015 and still have 11 millions of downloads?! Even give him a anime omg. Its truly frustating to see this, when Brave Souls lauched in same period (summer 2015) have at the moment 23 millions of downloads and the new animated series hasn´t came out.
Felicity dash

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:47 am Reply with quote
luis.couto.56 wrote:
Pathetic. This game was released in 2015 and still have 11 millions of downloads?! Even give him a anime omg. Its truly frustating to see this, when Brave Souls lauched in same period (summer 2015) have at the moment 23 millions of downloads and the new animated series hasn´t came out.

If its a bleach game, then that won`t be happening seeing as how the anime ending was better than the manga ending imo. Also it may say it has 20 mil worldwide, but how many of them are just strictly Japanese fans? And maybe Klab doesnt care as much for their Japanese fanbase, and thus won`t do stuff like this? Or maybe you could report to ANN of when they do stuff like this event.
chronos02

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:13 am Reply with quote
luis.couto.56 wrote:

Pathetic, is it...

Brave Souls, with its amazing number of downloads, only manages to make around 45,000$ per day, while Fate/GO, and only the jp version, makes around 1,300,000$ per day with its "pathetic" 10M downloads...

What's more, Brave Souls has been hanging around the 100th place of top grossing apps in the world, while Fate/GO has stayed between number 1 and number 13 around the globe for the past year, currently being on the 9th place.

Well, from this we can see that download numbers don't really mean all that much, right?
Do you see why Fate/GO got an OVA while Brave Souls hasn't? And you also need to add that Fate is a mixed market franchise, having tons of different products and not only a single anime and manga, it has plenty of different anime titles, manga titles, movies, novels, card games, visual novels, console games, and it still keeps getting expanded by its authors Kinoko Nasu and Takechi Takeuchi in TYPE-MOON, whereas Tite Kubo was forced to end bleach asap because Jump/Shueisha saw the sales going down for a while.

Another incredibly famous game like Granblue Fantasy only manages to make around 55,000$ per day too, and its rank fluctuates a lot, going from 10th to 220th every 2 months or so, I guess due to the expanded story added every couple of months.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:32 am Reply with quote
chronos02 wrote:
luis.couto.56 wrote:

Pathetic, is it...

Brave Souls, with its amazing number of downloads, only manages to make around 45,000$ per day, while Fate/GO, and only the jp version, makes around 1,300,000$ per day with its "pathetic" 10M downloads...

What's more, Brave Souls has been hanging around the 100th place of top grossing apps in the world, while Fate/GO has stayed between number 1 and number 13 around the globe for the past year, currently being on the 9th place.

Well, from this we can see that download numbers don't really mean all that much, right?
Do you see why Fate/GO got an OVA while Brave Souls hasn't? And you also need to add that Fate is a mixed market franchise, having tons of different products and not only a single anime and manga, it has plenty of different anime titles, manga titles, movies, novels, card games, visual novels, console games, and it still keeps getting expanded by its authors Kinoko Nasu and Takechi Takeuchi in TYPE-MOON, whereas Tite Kubo was forced to end bleach asap because Jump/Shueisha saw the sales going down for a while.

Another incredibly famous game like Granblue Fantasy only manages to make around 55,000$ per day too, and its rank fluctuates a lot, going from 10th to 220th every 2 months or so, I guess due to the expanded story added every couple of months.

Should probably mention that GBF fluctuates a lot cause at the end of the month the SSR rates go from 3% to 6% and many Limited (And almost core) Characters are available during that period of time. Whales go hard then.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:50 pm Reply with quote
More importantly, FGO's also giving away a free non-limited SR Servant of your choice.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:37 am Reply with quote
chronos02 wrote:

yeah,a mount of downloads is dumb, the two previous headlines I remember from fgo in no anime webseties were first, one about sony (yes that sony) saying it was the most profitable product for 2016, the next one was about it making 40 million usd per month.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Downloads alone mean nothing when the people downloading it don't have money to blow and all of the money the game brings in is through in app purchases. That is why you don't really see WSJ based mobage do as well.
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:35 pm Reply with quote
So the 200,000 otakus in Japan (who are the only fans of such things in that country as I learned from answerman) each has on average downloaded the game 50 times. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:51 am Reply with quote
How much marketing F/G O got in Japan is a factor. Also, considering the USA has nearly 200 million more people in Japan, perhaps there is a bigger fan base here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1