• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Hitorijime My Hero Episodes 1-12 Streaming

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SonicFanA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:47 am Reply with quote
It is so nice to see a positive review for a BL. I enjoyed Hitorijime My Hero and plan on buying it when Sentai releases it.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:50 am Reply with quote
I kind of disagree that the first part is weak, but that's really a matter of if you like or dislike the relationship between Hasekura and Kensuke. I personally like it and it helps that these two are my 2 favorite characters. Doesn't change the fact that Kousuke and Masahiro have a great relation though. I was a big fan of the the pet shop visit. I was legit crying at that ending too.

Either way we can all agree Kensuke is best boy. No objection? Great. Thanks.
Mhora

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:59 am Reply with quote
It was a fun enough show, but no relatable conflicts for me as a gay guy. Sure BL is fun, but there are few real life scenarios in the genre. This show was not set in the real world.
lebrel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:39 am Reply with quote
This was a reasonably entertaining series, although it could have used better art and maybe a slightly less compressed adaptation. But I wish we could get anime of some of the more adult-targeted BL (adult as in mature, not X-rated), rather than (usually unimpressive) live-action adaptations...

Mhora wrote:
It was a fun enough show, but no relatable conflicts for me as a gay guy. Sure BL is fun, but there are few real life scenarios in the genre. This show was not set in the real world.

Well, that's true for romance in general (and a lot of fiction in general, for that matter). Gay men's manga isn't swimming in realism either.
Vibrant Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Mhora wrote:

you'd be hard-pressed to find one that is.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Vibrant Wolf wrote:
Mhora wrote:

My Brother's Husband is an excellent LGBT focused series.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Vibrant Wolf wrote:
Mhora wrote:

We need Love stories or one of Kanna Kii's work to be adapted.
Ashley Hakker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Mhora wrote:

I get where you're coming from with this but I feel like this is true for most anime.

'It was a fun enough show but no relocatable conflicts for me as a boring heterosexual male with few defining traits or charm. Sure harem anime is fun, but there are few real life scenarios in the genre.'

'It was a fun enough show but no relocatable conflicts for me as a high school student with no piloting skills. Sure mecha anime is fun, but there are few real life scenarios in the genre.'
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1