• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Funimation Reveals Fall Simuldub Premiere Schedule

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Wonder why they didn't announce Black Clover? Maybe it has to do with that all but confirmed rumor that it's going to be 51 episodes, that'd make it a year long project so they probably want to take their time.
SnowWarren

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:19 pm Reply with quote
BBB&B’s coming around sooner then I thought, but I wonder what’s going on with the Ancient Magus Bride. I guess some of their casting choices might be tied up in other simuldubs that are finishing or Studio WIT is taking it’s time sending the materials. I hope the English characters have English accents, especially Elias.
Blankslate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:
Wonder why they didn't announce Black Clover? Maybe it has to do with that all but confirmed rumor that it's going to be 51 episodes, that'd make it a year long project so they probably want to take their time.

Plus they're probably holding auditions for all of the characters.

The last time they left a simuldub premiere date unannounced was with Mob Psycho 100, so maybe they're also working with LA talent? Either that or it's going to be on Toonami.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Blankslate wrote:
Snakebit1995 wrote:

The last time they left a simuldub premiere date unannounced was with Mob Psycho 100, so maybe they're also working with LA talent? Either that or it's going to be on Toonami.

Or they heard the complaints about Asta's Japanese voice and are looking for someone who can scream all the time without being annoying and without needing throat treatment later. Besides Colleen Clinkenbeard.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Blankslate wrote:
Snakebit1995 wrote:

I hope they're not using LA talent exclusively, those dubs always tend to be worse in my opinion.
Blankslate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:33 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:

Or they heard the complaints about Asta's Japanese voice and are looking for someone who can scream all the time without being annoying and without needing throat treatment later. Besides Colleen Clinkenbeard.

Alejandro Saab has been teasing something for awhile now, so I think he might be Asta. I can imagine the same voice he used for Leonhard in The Royal Tutor as the voice of Asta. Plus you can tell he's comfortable screaming if you've seen his youtube channel lol.

Last edited by Blankslate on Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:33 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:

And Todd Haberkorn
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Blankslate wrote:
Alejandro Sabb has been teasing something for awhile now, so I think he might be Asta. I can imagine the same voice he used for Leonhard in The Royal Tutor as the voice of Asta. Plus you can tell he's comfortable screaming if you've seen his youtube channel lol.

If he IS the voice of Asta, I wish him good luck, because he's got a lot of screaming in his future.
Vannil

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Blankslate wrote:
Snakebit1995 wrote:

I could see this going on toonami. It is naruto with wizards and a rival who actually isn't a total grimdark edgelord
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to them announcing Black Clover's date. That's one of the rare show I'd actually watch twice in a season both sub and dub. The first two episodes were really good.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:54 pm Reply with quote
A lot of spectacular anime have been picked for dubbing. Very Happy
FlowerAiko

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Blankslate wrote:

Alejandro Saab has been teasing something for awhile now, so I think he might be Asta. I can imagine the same voice he used for Leonhard in The Royal Tutor as the voice of Asta. Plus you can tell he's comfortable screaming if you've seen his youtube channel lol.

If he does, good luck, one because I cannot comprehend someone yelling for that much and I have friends who are trained theater actors, and two because the greater anime community already hates Asta's voice so they already have low expectations...
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Yup, great lineup to look forward to!
CatSword

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:47 pm Reply with quote
If Toonami is getting Black Clover, we won't be seeing it until at least late January or February. (The show that's closest to ending is Lupin the 3rd Part IV with ten more episodes, plus holiday marathons/breaks from the normal schedule.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Morry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:07 pm Reply with quote
I can see Magus taking another two weeks just because of all the creative decisions that need to be made before casting. Do you have accents? Do you give Elias an accent? Do Do you expand casting to LA? Do you get an older actor to lead as Elias? Do you research the magic lore heavily beforehand? Do you read the manga?

Depending on who's the ADR director, (I'd like Mike McFarland or Ian Sinclair) this dub can go in a lot of different directions.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2