• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sword Art Online Alternative Gun Gale Online Reveals Visual, Studio 3Hz

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:11 am Reply with quote
Ohhh, this is tempting. I wonder if some of the Princess Principal staff is working on this.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:14 am Reply with quote
Da-amn, after Princess Principal, which was packed with good action and completely blended Kuroboshi's designs in motion, 3Hz affiliation was my dream cast for AGGO. Now go and get some good staff from PriPri, and I will surely be hyped about the series.
Ronie Peter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:50 am Reply with quote
Worth the Kiyotaka Oshiyama be busy lol he could handle this. If it's 3hz I think Bandai might be at it. I expect a good director.
movie_buff36

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:12 am Reply with quote
Now studio 3Hz has a big franchise on its hands..flip flappers and pri pri showed their true potential. congrats..They deserved it..
Wtv

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:16 am Reply with quote
Ronie Peter wrote:
Worth the Kiyotaka Oshiyama be busy lol he could handle this. If it's 3hz I think Bandai might be at it. I expect a good director.

Bandai? You might be confusing 3hz with Acta.
Ronie Peter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:32 am Reply with quote
Wtv wrote:
Ronie Peter wrote:

Bandai? You might be confusing 3hz with Acta.

I say this because 3hz has a good relationship with Bandai as a producer. The CEO of the studio is a former producer there. I had already spoken last year about the reason [which I deduced] by which Actas and 3hz made Princess Principal together. I can explain the reason, but I would have to write a very large text.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:34 am Reply with quote
Everything sounds good so far and while 3Hz has only produced a few shows they were very good shows.
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:47 am Reply with quote
3Hz??? I was sure it'd be A-1 like everything else SAO. Well this is bound to be interesting
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:53 am Reply with quote
SpaceTheGamer wrote:
3Hz??? I was sure it'd be A-1 like everything else SAO. Well this is bound to be interesting

A-1 have their hands full with SAO III so it was expected that another studio would take over this one.
movie_buff36

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:57 am Reply with quote
Ronie Peter wrote:

If i'm not mistaken the original character creator of pripri was involved with AGGO..
Ronie Peter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:01 am Reply with quote
movie_buff36 wrote:
Ronie Peter wrote:

If i'm not mistaken the original character creator of pripri was involved with AGGO..

Kohaku Kuroboshi.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:07 am Reply with quote
I've bought the first voulme of the manga but have yet to read it, that being said I'm pretty excited for this show to start. Mostly because Kirito isn't the main focus.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:12 am Reply with quote
movie_buff36 wrote:
AGGO written by Kino's Journey author, so Kuroboshi is the original illustrator of it, unlike SAO's abec.
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:38 am Reply with quote
I'm dissapointed, 3Hz is one of my favorite studios, but I hate Sword Art Online. Although at least this will probably do well for them, like PriPri did.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:19 pm Reply with quote
64BitRatchet wrote:
I'm dissapointed, 3Hz is one of my favorite studios, but I hate Sword Art Online. Although at least this will probably do well for them, like PriPri did.

If I’m not mistaken, other than sharing similar settings and a reference here and there, one doesn’t need to watch (or even like) any Sword Art Online to watch this one. Plus, SAO as a brand is a money-maker and it wouldn’t hurt anybody to work on such a thing.

Studio 3Hz is an interesting choice and after Princess Principal, this shows looks to be in decent hands. The visual looks nice and Spring is looking to be stacked with a lot of shows that will leave almost any anime fan with something to watch. Looking forward to this one and I really hope that Crunchyroll can simulcast this one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2