×
  • remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the new ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 Gets PS4 Release




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mrboylan100





PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:35 am Reply with quote
i hope this gets a western release i never played a Neptunia game before and this looks like a good place to start
Back to top
Yune Amagiri



Joined: 28 Jul 2016
Posts: 543
Location: France
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:31 am Reply with quote
Too bad, i was hoping for a new game or a localisation of NepNep☆Connect: Chaos Chanpuru but at least it will bring more into our NepNep community .
I Played all the 13 localized games and still can't stop loving this pudding fanatic goddess
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Aerodynamic41



Joined: 20 Oct 2015
Posts: 89
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:58 am Reply with quote
mrboylan100 wrote:
i hope this gets a western release i never played a Neptunia game before and this looks like a good place to start


You can already get Re;Birth 1 for dirt cheap on Steam when it's on sale.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpaceDuckMan



Joined: 26 Jan 2018
Posts: 10
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:33 am Reply with quote
Unless you let me play as 5pb. early on or even throw in the Gold Third as free DLC so I can play as K-Sha, I ain't interested, I played the original, and most of Re;birth 1, why would I honestly buy this?.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Haysey



Joined: 27 Mar 2017
Posts: 36
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:39 am Reply with quote
...i'm not sure i get the point of this. It's basically a re-release of Re:birth 1 from the Vita and (what i played it on) PC, which are both dirt cheap! Unless the 'plus' amounts to some extra story, new characters or having the CPU candidates playable from the start, i don't really see any point re-playing this.

Now Re:birth 2 i could re-play just to try and get the Conquest ending (and all the other endings i missed in my rush to get to re:birth 3)...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John Hayabusa



Joined: 30 May 2012
Posts: 1270
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:37 am Reply with quote
I love the Re;Birth series I hope this is just a port based on the PC version and no exclusive content for it. If anything, these games should have been ported to Android and iOS as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StarFan13



Joined: 06 Aug 2017
Posts: 269
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:37 am Reply with quote
Haysey wrote:
...i'm not sure i get the point of this. It's basically a re-release of Re:birth 1 from the Vita and (what i played it on) PC, which are both dirt cheap! Unless the 'plus' amounts to some extra story, new characters or having the CPU candidates playable from the start, i don't really see any point re-playing this.

Now Re:birth 2 i could re-play just to try and get the Conquest ending (and all the other endings i missed in my rush to get to re:birth 3)...


did you play Re:birth1?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Haysey



Joined: 27 Mar 2017
Posts: 36
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:42 am Reply with quote
StarFan13 wrote:
Haysey wrote:
...i'm not sure i get the point of this. It's basically a re-release of Re:birth 1 from the Vita and (what i played it on) PC, which are both dirt cheap! Unless the 'plus' amounts to some extra story, new characters or having the CPU candidates playable from the start, i don't really see any point re-playing this.

Now Re:birth 2 i could re-play just to try and get the Conquest ending (and all the other endings i missed in my rush to get to re:birth 3)...


did you play Re:birth1?


Yeah, i did say i'd played the PC version in my original post. Once i got the true ending i quickly moved onto Re:birth 2.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StarFan13



Joined: 06 Aug 2017
Posts: 269
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:46 am Reply with quote
Haysey wrote:
StarFan13 wrote:
Haysey wrote:
...i'm not sure i get the point of this. It's basically a re-release of Re:birth 1 from the Vita and (what i played it on) PC, which are both dirt cheap! Unless the 'plus' amounts to some extra story, new characters or having the CPU candidates playable from the start, i don't really see any point re-playing this.

Now Re:birth 2 i could re-play just to try and get the Conquest ending (and all the other endings i missed in my rush to get to re:birth 3)...


did you play Re:birth1?


Yeah, i did say i'd played the PC version in my original post. Once i got the true ending i quickly moved onto Re:birth 2.


Uh-huh And then you get true ending of Re:birth 2 you move to Re:birth 3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Haysey



Joined: 27 Mar 2017
Posts: 36
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:50 am Reply with quote
StarFan13 wrote:
Haysey wrote:
StarFan13 wrote:
Haysey wrote:
...i'm not sure i get the point of this. It's basically a re-release of Re:birth 1 from the Vita and (what i played it on) PC, which are both dirt cheap! Unless the 'plus' amounts to some extra story, new characters or having the CPU candidates playable from the start, i don't really see any point re-playing this.

Now Re:birth 2 i could re-play just to try and get the Conquest ending (and all the other endings i missed in my rush to get to re:birth 3)...


did you play Re:birth1?


Yeah, i did say i'd played the PC version in my original post. Once i got the true ending i quickly moved onto Re:birth 2.


Uh-huh And then you get true ending of Re:birth 2 you move to Re:birth 3


Not exactly, i went for a couple of endings in re:birth 2 but i don't think any were the true endings (think it was the lastation ending and planetune ending) before i started re:brith 3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
StarFan13



Joined: 06 Aug 2017
Posts: 269
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:53 am Reply with quote
Haysey wrote:
StarFan13 wrote:
Haysey wrote:
StarFan13 wrote:
Haysey wrote:
...i'm not sure i get the point of this. It's basically a re-release of Re:birth 1 from the Vita and (what i played it on) PC, which are both dirt cheap! Unless the 'plus' amounts to some extra story, new characters or having the CPU candidates playable from the start, i don't really see any point re-playing this.

Now Re:birth 2 i could re-play just to try and get the Conquest ending (and all the other endings i missed in my rush to get to re:birth 3)...


did you play Re:birth1?


Yeah, i did say i'd played the PC version in my original post. Once i got the true ending i quickly moved onto Re:birth 2.


Uh-huh And then you get true ending of Re:birth 2 you move to Re:birth 3


Not exactly, i went for a couple of endings in re:birth 2 but i don't think any were the true endings (think it was the lastation ending and planetune ending) before i started re:brith 3.


So What Character you play as?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tripple-A



Joined: 21 Feb 2017
Posts: 314
Location: Hamburg, Germany
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Still haven't played the first two games so I would appreciate a western release.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MajinAkuma



Joined: 15 Aug 2014
Posts: 1198
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Tripple-A wrote:
Still haven't played the first two games so I would appreciate a western release.

They've been released in the west years ago. The original three games are on the PS3, the Re;Birth games are on Vita and Steam, etc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McDoogle



Joined: 06 Aug 2014
Posts: 16
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Haysey wrote:
...i'm not sure i get the point of this. It's basically a re-release of Re:birth 1 from the Vita and (what i played it on) PC, which are both dirt cheap! Unless the 'plus' amounts to some extra story, new characters or having the CPU candidates playable from the start, i don't really see any point re-playing this.

Now Re:birth 2 i could re-play just to try and get the Conquest ending (and all the other endings i missed in my rush to get to re:birth 3)...


The very first post in this topic is the point of this. Not everyone can or wants to game on PC, and IF is clearly trying to transition the franchise to PS4 (note VIIR and 4GO). This move makes complete sense, putting the Re;Births on the PS4 gives new players an easy entry into the franchise, even more so if they touch it up and make it nicer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sango chan



Joined: 04 Mar 2005
Posts: 178
Location: In the demon slayers Village
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Damn it Iffy. Right in my weakness. Now I have to get the ps4 version since re;birth 1 can`t play on my vita tv. I just hope they bring it to the west and also have a better translation for it.

I was a nep fan for three years before they brought re;birth 1 over and the translations were rather meh. I actually got bored with the game even though I had already played through the ps3 games. And as much as I love the series and characters that spoke volumes for me. I did eventually finished the game. The same can be said for the translation of re;birth 2. They changed nep's personallity and I hated quite alot of the lines she had. That was not the crazy nep that I knew. They didn't change her that bad or much at all in ps3's mk2. The only difference was her voice in english.

So if they plan on doing this for re;birth 2 as well, well I hope they have better translations and bring the real nep back. Cause the re;birth 2 nep made me want to strangle her. That also speaks volumes for me. Lol.

I also noticed that the english voice acting quality and voice direction dropped horribly starting with VII. Nep's HDD voice is now horrible compared to the awesome job done in the PS3 games. Why they made her change the old good voice for this piece of crap one is beyond me. Compa and Noire's voice direction wasn't that great with the worst being compa. Really, what happened to the awesome english dub back on the ps3. Though uszume's afimojas, steammax and c-sha's voices were the only new voice actors that were pretty good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group