• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Saga Volume 1 Blu-ray

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:44 am Reply with quote
This was one of the better anime shows from the last Winter. I also would like to see more Blue Exorcist animated because it has an interesting and attractive premise with compelling characters, but, based solely on Kyoto Saga's conservative JP disc sales, that does not seem much like a realistic possibility.

Once again silly Aniplex (like with Durarara!!) waited way, way too long to make a sequel of a once highly successful anime property.
Eddy564

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:11 pm Reply with quote
This is one series that I really want to see thrive. I’ll be picking this up really soon and I hope many others do the same.
jr240483

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:40 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
This was one of the better anime shows from the last Winter. I also would like to see more Blue Exorcist animated because it has an interesting and attractive premise with compelling characters, but, based solely on Kyoto Saga's conservative JP disc sales, that does not seem much like a realistic possibility.

Once again silly Aniplex (like with Durarara!!) waited way, way too long to make a sequel of a once highly successful anime property.

what i really hope is that this series doesn't take like three to four years before it gets a chance to show on adult swim unlike the original series which got the sub only treatment, got an english dub years after it was released and its popularity was lowered and took even longer for the series to even be released on AS.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:58 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:

This. It definitely would have done better sales-wise if there weren't such a long gap in between seasons.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:20 am Reply with quote
I think Blue Excorist was also overshadowed by the popularity of other more recent popular shonen anime like My Hero Academia. It's too bad Blue Exorcist's popularity seems to have already moved on when I personally think it's a much better and more unique shonen action anime than Black Clover.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1