• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life?! Light Novels Get Anime Project

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fantaselion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Please tell me we are going to get more of Isekai with Female Protagonists, as they generally are better than the alternative.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:36 pm Reply with quote
fantaselion wrote:
Please tell me we are going to get more of Isekai with Female Protagonists, as they generally are better than the alternative.

Here's hoping!
Tsumikisan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:41 pm Reply with quote
I was ready to roll my eyes when I saw the title and cover, but after reading the summary I'm pleasantly surprised to see the protagonist isn't a male otaku! It definitely sounds interesting, so I'll check it out when it comes!
mgosdin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:47 pm Reply with quote
"Imagine you are the God of creation, all-seeing, all-knowing, all-powerful ... and you have a very dry sense of humor." Isaac Asimov.

I love these kinds of stories, after all nothing every works out the way it's expected to now does it?

Mark Gosdin
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Aww Yeah ! I fully accept more adaptation of LN

Last edited by Yune Amagiri on Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChrissyC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:53 pm Reply with quote
It`s Pulitzer material!

On another note, cute enough to want to see the first few episodes. Go anime!
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Make otaku isekai can be good if handled well (Konosuba), so with this being isekai with a female lead with that type of premise sounds like it could also be fun. I’ll be keeping my eye on this and will be waiting for a staff announcement and a PV to get a better idea of what I will be getting into.
Wtv

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:12 pm Reply with quote
I hate these isekai. All look the same!

(MC is a cute girl)

Well, I'll give a try.
Seriously, though, I have nothing against the genre aside from it being boring. But even if the plot becomes just bullshit, the MC looks sympathetic enough to endure it.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:14 pm Reply with quote
This has an interesting situation: the story synopsis is kind of similar to the many long-named LN or isekai harem series but it stars a young girl.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:18 pm Reply with quote
I read the first volume of this shortly after it came out on Kindle a month ago and I really loved it. Can’t wait for the second volume, and am looking forward to this anime, whatever format it takes.
HueyLion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:47 pm Reply with quote
looks cute but you're typical Isekai anyways, doubt the protagonist being a female gonna change much for the genre anyway.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:50 pm Reply with quote
It has been a while since an isekai with a female protagonist has gotten an anime and I am curious to see how it goes. I have heard good things about the light novels and will pick up the first volume when it gets published this summer.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:35 pm Reply with quote
LMAO
Where do these isekai stories keep coming from!!! Are they pulled out from sort of bottomless hole like water from a well???

Jokes aside I personally have no issue with the isekai genre, its just that sadly there are a lot of duds compared to good ones.

Well, it's not a typical otaku guy so it breaks that first mold, heres to hoping it doesn't follow the boring strategy of the rest or finds a way to make it interesting.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Wow. This one's been advancing through the ranks fast. Four months from webnovel to light novel was already the shortest timeline I'd seen (Death March, by comparison, was just over a year), and they're announcing an anime less than two years later? When the current crop of Narou anime is stories that debuted in 2013?

Given how far ahead the studios are booked, I'm guessing it'll be a few more years before this sees the light of day, in which case I'm wondering what motivated announcing it now.

(If we're doing Narou isekai anime with female protagonists, might I recommend Ascendance of a Bookworm and Destruction Flag Otome?)

Calsolum wrote:
LMAO
Where do these isekai stories keep coming from!!! Are they pulled out from sort of bottomless hole like water from a well???

"Bottomless hole" isn't a bad description of Shousetsuka ni Narou, come to think of it.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:01 pm Reply with quote
fantaselion wrote:

Gender has nothing to do with quality. You just prefer that. Look at Märchen Mädchen. It's not good.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3