• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seven Seas Licenses Beauty and the Beast Girl Yuri Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CatSword

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:33 pm Reply with quote
I am always down for a nice one-and-done yuri story.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Crimson Queen Zora

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm loving all these yuri one shots they're releasing!
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Yuri AND monster girl, might as well go for a twofer on their most popular selling genres, eh?

As for me, nothing's really excited me all week. I'm not into yuri OR monster girls or super into isekai, so so far, nothing. I'm just hoping for one license by tomorrow that was like Claudine was for me last time: worth all this stuff I don't care about, just to get one shining jewel for me. Don't take this as me knocking Seven Seas though, I still really like them and for all the stuff I don't care for, they've released some damn good titles (like Soul Circle being released right now) and they're the only ones right now who seem like they now want to release anything old (like Devilman)

I'm hoping that by whining about it now, I'll trigger fate and get a license I can finally get hype about. I know how the universe is sneaky like that...
Animechic420

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Has no one noticed that in these Yuri anime/manga that the girl portraying the man is made to look like a man? Confused
WindNinjaDW

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Still waiting on that Gintama and Beastars localization...
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Seven Seas is batting 1000 on Yuri licenses!
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:47 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
Yuri AND monster girl, might as well go for a twofer on their most popular selling genres, eh?

As for me, nothing's really excited me all week. I'm not into yuri OR monster girls or super into isekai, so so far, nothing. I'm just hoping for one license by tomorrow that was like Claudine was for me last time: worth all this stuff I don't care about, just to get one shining jewel for me. Don't take this as me knocking Seven Seas though, I still really like them and for all the stuff I don't care for, they've released some damn good titles (like Soul Circle being released right now) and they're the only ones right now who seem like they now want to release anything old (like Devilman)

I'm hoping that by whining about it now, I'll trigger fate and get a license I can finally get hype about. I know how the universe is sneaky like that...

It's good to keep in mind that they will license things that you don't care about and that's okay. My policy is that as long as someone out there is looking forward to a manga that gets picked up I'm happy, even if it's not my cup of tea. I respect that you have different interests, but you seem to be somewhat judgemental that Yuri is selling well for Seven Seas. Which I really don't think is fair, based on your YOI avatar I'm going to guess that you're a fan of Yaoi and I know Yaoi has always done better in both the West and in Japan than Yuri has. Additionally it's only been a recent development in the past couple of years that we've gotten more than I think a literal couple or few Yuri manga officially licensed in the West. Primarily because companies thought Yuri manga wouldnt sell. So yes, those of us that are fans of Yuri are going to buy and support the series we love in hopes to prove that they do sell. Just as you buy and support the series you like. Not to mention YOI is one of the best selling series in Japan and is a global phenomenon. So yes I don't think it's fair for you to complain on a post about Yuri. Ultimately you can do what you want of course, I'm simply requesting some mutual respect is all, because you know what? I hope you get more manga picked up that you enjoy and additionally I hope that YOI gets another season that's an even bigger hit. Live long and prosper as Spock says.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1