• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Maiden Japan Licenses Tibetan Dog Anime Film for Streaming

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:39 am Reply with quote
After several years, the anime about a boy and Tibetan Mastiff is finally getting an an official release here (streaming counts). As a fan of Mastiff-type dogs, many thanks to Maiden Japan. I even e-mailed them to thank them for doing this.
Brand

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, this is one I've watched to watch for a while. So, this is a nice release.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:54 pm Reply with quote
I remember hearing about this some years ago and I wanted to see it. I'm surprised that someone has finally licensed it. I'm surprised that this film was never screened in the states when it was first announced.

Being a dog lover myself this film introduced me to another breed of "mastiff". There are quite a bit of them. I remember bookmarking a site dedicated to Japanese type dogs after watching 'Shooting Star Gin'. There I learned about the type of 'Inu' dogs there are and the Japanese mastiff. Seems there are quite a bit of this breed of dogs used for guarding.
lukenago

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:50 pm Reply with quote
I have been waiting for this movie for so long, thank you!!
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
I remember hearing about this some years ago and I wanted to see it. I'm surprised that someone has finally licensed it. I'm surprised that this film was never screened in the states when it was first announced.

Being a dog lover myself this film introduced me to another breed of "mastiff". There are quite a bit of them. I remember bookmarking a site dedicated to Japanese type dogs after watching 'Shooting Star Gin'. There I learned about the type of 'Inu' dogs there are and the Japanese mastiff. Seems there are quite a bit of this breed of dogs used for guarding.

The Mastiff proper, per many people, refers to the English Mastiff. Mastiff-type refers to the Tosa Inu, Fila Brasilero, Boerboel, Bully Kutta, and many more. For Mastiff fans, join me at the Mastiff Lovers FB group (Private group).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1