• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Boruto Anime Switches Timeslots

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Яeverse

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Boruto following in Naruto's shoes, this is excellent news that highlights the strength of the Naruto brand. I love it! Hype
Rai The Noblesse

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:55 pm Reply with quote
really hope Boruto can reach Naruto / Shippuden heights!!

Been holding back on Boruto till it has more episides and take off fully
Eddy564

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:07 pm Reply with quote
This couldn’t have come at a better time when the anime is segueing into a new arc and the beginning of the epicness this series has the potential to have.
Agent355

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:35 pm Reply with quote
When will Crunchyroll post the episodes after it changes time slots? Thanks in advance!
tintor2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Wait, as much as I like this series I don't understand. Does this mean the Boruto anime got good ratings for its release so they moved it to a better one?

Still, I guess it also helps the manga is selling well despite Kishimoto not writing it (with three novels having recently been announced)
#sukkar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:41 pm Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
Wait, as much as I like this series I don't understand. Does this mean the Boruto anime got good ratings for its release so they moved it to a better one?

Its new timeslot is closer to "prime time" TV in Japan, which usually means J-Dramas with young, hip actors and whatnot. I imagine the change happened because someone feels the show can probably hook in some of those viewers/act as a decent lead in. It also probably means they'll be allowed to push the envelope a little more as far as content goes.
tintor2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:01 pm Reply with quote
#sukkar wrote:
tintor2 wrote:

Its new timeslot is closer to "prime time" TV in Japan, which usually means J-Dramas with young, hip actors and whatnot. I imagine the change happened because someone feels the show can probably hook in some of those viewers/act as a decent lead in. It also probably means they'll be allowed to push the envelope a little more as far as content goes.

I see. Thanks for the info.
Tylerr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:45 am Reply with quote
I watched the first 20 or so episodes are enjoyed it, but i'm waiting for awhile before binging more.

I hope they start the exams and get past the movie soon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1