• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Little Hero eBook 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:31 pm Reply with quote
This actually seems interesting! I'd love to read it...but I don't have Kindle, and there's no print/physical version available. It looks cute from what little I've read, and the review here does reveal a lot that really fascinates me. I wish Cross Infinite Would would release a physical edition in the future! I'd love to own it!
Calsolum

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:16 pm Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
This actually seems interesting! I'd love to read it...but I don't have Kindle, and there's no print/physical version available. It looks cute from what little I've read, and the review here does reveal a lot that really fascinates me. I wish Cross Infinite Would would release a physical edition in the future! I'd love to own it!

you don't actually need a kindle but almost any 'recent' tablet, smartphone and pretty much any PC.
So far there haven't been any novels first released as digital that ever transitioned to physical print, at least none I heard of which is a real shame since I'll never lose my adoration for physical books but I suspect the future generations are more geared toward digital releases.

As for the review, this seems like an interesting read, certainly a new perspective that i've never heard of before. Go figure we have stories of isekai protagonists turning into slimes, swords, spiders, goblins etc. but none of 10 yr old girls...

yeah that is pretty weird now that i think of it lol
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:
... you don't actually need a kindle but almost any 'recent' tablet, smartphone and pretty much any PC.

So far there haven't been any novels first released as digital that ever transitioned to physical print, at least none I heard of which is a real shame since I'll never lose my adoration for physical books but I suspect the future generations are more geared toward digital releases.

This is a manga so as long as you can get a kindle app on it reading should be possible on just about anything...
........ you do realize this is a manga as opposed to novel, right? Right? Smile

Also, your second point, just wanted to point out J-Novel's Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash and Occultic;Nine got physical releases by Seven Seas. So they do exist...
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Alright, so I actually managed to get Amazon Kindle on my PC and bought Little Hero volume 1, along with a few other books I've been wanting to get. I must say, Little Hero is actually very good from what I've read! I'll buy volume 2 once I get my next paycheck, and it has a lot to like! The main character isn't annoying (Take note, Miaka!), the setting is very intriguing, the characters are pretty charming, the twist absolutely blew me away in the best way possible, and THANK GOD Sawa hasn't been used for any gross fanservice! I really hope the manga stays this way. If it keeps up this good quality, it might even wind up becoming one of my favorite manga ever!
Calsolum

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:07 am Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Calsolum wrote:
... you don't actually need a kindle but almost any 'recent' tablet, smartphone and pretty much any PC.

This is a manga so as long as you can get a kindle app on it reading should be possible on just about anything...
........ you do realize this is a manga as opposed to novel, right? Right? Smile

Also, your second point, just wanted to point out J-Novel's Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash and Occultic;Nine got physical releases by Seven Seas. So they do exist...

... what? WHAT?
Laughing dunno why but i just assumed it was a novel haha.

and no I didn't know about those 2 releases. Good to know that there are cases of novels being converted to hard copies, theres hope for faraway paladin, although I'm already caught up on the j-novel releases Razz
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:11 am Reply with quote
Seven Seas is also releasing physical copies of Arifureta and Clockwork Planet, and I think they may also be releasing How a Realist Hero Saved the Kingdom. All J-Novel Club stuff, but I keep hoping Cross Infinite World will get in on it as well. (And yes, I second The Faraway Paladin as needing hard copies!)

Fire Chick, I'm so glad you're liking Little Hero! It's probably my favorite isekai series since From Far Away.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1