• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Banana Fish Anime Unveils 2nd Promo Video, Opening Theme, Additional Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Nice. That means a faithful adaptation, most likely. The PV impresses me too along with that key visual.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Looks pretty good
PFdaCIA

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:22 pm Reply with quote
What is really comforting is that the director of animation is someone very competent as well as the co-director of animation. So there's a good reason to rejoice.
R. Kasahara

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Looks like it'll be a quality production, but I can't help but wonder: since the setting is now the modern day, is the Vietnam aspect of the story going to be changed to Iraq or Afghanistan?
Rubyleaf

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 12:41 pm Reply with quote
MAPPA? All-star seiyuu cast? Two cours? Characters almost exclusively male, and most of them pretty? I've seen this exact same setup twice before, and neither time it went well. I don't want to doubt this one, but... in the name of pacing and animation (especially animation!), I can't help being concerned. Please prove me wrong and tell us you're capable of distributing your budget right, MAPPA. C'mon.

That aside, it does look beautiful. Screw this, I'm watching it and hoping. The previewed opening song definitely does sound amazing already!
donhumberto

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 1:28 pm Reply with quote
CAN'T. FREAKING. WAIT. Laughing
Super_M

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 1:42 pm Reply with quote
19 volumes in 24 episodes. I'm worried but I want this series to success because this can be evidence that series outside sports and idols can be success with women audience.

Sorry for my bad english.
Maleko Ai

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 2:14 pm Reply with quote
I'm really excited I want to trust in MAPPA, hoping not to be a "GANGSTA." deception (Good manga but bad adaptation).
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Woohoo! I was waiting for this SOOO much!

My thoughts so far are that the manga is always going to be better, but I hope the anime does it justice all the same. And hopefully make Viz reprint it (and some of the side stories they had never printed before, I WILL double dip).

Seems they went with Mohawk Shorter instead of Bald Shorter, eh? Which is kind of funny to me because in the manga, Shorter literally has that mohawk for like, half a scene.

Also, Eiji DOES have a cellphone! So they exist in their world now! Which is only logical for taking place in modern times, but still!

Other characters I look forward to seeing the art for? Definitely Cain, spoiler[Sing and Blanca]!

Also, who is "Jusis"? I looks like a picture of spoiler[Yau-si/Yue Lut-Yung] to me.... I see "Jusis" and all I can think is "Trails of Cold Steel Jusis?"
SailorNaruto

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:01 pm Reply with quote
A quick Wikipedia search says this has homosexual elements. That's all I need, I will be watching. Plus the plot looks really good.
catandmouse

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:23 pm Reply with quote
I have never read the original manga, but the series looks interesting and the art is pretty. I'll give it ago.
Akanue

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:29 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
Also, who is "Jusis"? I looks like a picture of spoiler[Yau-si/Yue Lut-Yung] to me.... I see "Jusis" and all I can think is "Trails of Cold Steel Jusis?"

I was scratching my head about this too, but I think it's Yut-Lung. It has to be. That katakana is ユーシス, which is "yu-shisu." So I think someone mistranslated it. Plus, the art looks like him.

I also checked my Japanese Banana Fish character guide. His name is written in kanji, actually, so I'm unsure why the anime is writing it in katakana. (Interestingly enough, in romaji it says his name in "English" is "Yousiss," which matches perfectly.)

I NEED Blanca art reveal as well! (he's my favorite character)
tsukikage85

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Shorter Wong? That's what she said!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1