• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tada Never Falls in Love Anime Replaces Yuichiro Umehara With Tomokazu Sugita

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MakiharaMeiko

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:03 am Reply with quote
I'm so sorry for Umehara... He has only 27 years and has to pass through such a disease... I really wish him well, I hope he can go back. His voice is amazing...

I'm sorry for Sugita as well because I'm sure he doesn't want to replace a partner but... u.u
I know he's going to be excelent doing the character, but I think nobody could forget Umehara's performance.
switchgear1131

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:52 pm Reply with quote
isn't the character's name Hajime Sugimoto?
lady-leen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:13 pm Reply with quote
I see the news every time they announce another seiyuu is gonna replace Umechan! it's such a sad news and with this >< I'm watching the anime and I really love it and Umechan's performance as Hajimi-chan is great!! I'm gonna miss him even if it's for two episodes </3 but I know that Sugita will do a great job too <3

I hope we can see Umechan back by the end of the year
SHD

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:13 am Reply with quote
1. Get well, Ume-chan! It's so sad to see all these replacements and announcements that he's not appearing at various events. :/ I really hope he's going to recover and start working again, he's way too young and talented. But of course now it's more important to focus on recovery...

2. Why Sugita Tomokazu??? Sugita sounds absolutely nothing like Umehara! You're going to get a completely new and different character for the last what, two episodes of the series! I just absolutely don't understand the rationale behind some of these replacements...

When Kamiya Hiroshi had an accident and couldn't voice Takemoto for the last episode of Honey & Clover they got Nojima Kenji as a replacement, not Wakamoto Norio ffs.
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:18 am Reply with quote
SHD wrote:
Why Sugita Tomokazu??? Sugita sounds absolutely nothing like Umehara! You're going to get a completely new and different character for the last what, two episodes of the series! I just absolutely don't understand the rationale behind some of these replacements...

While I understand that their voices themselves are not really similar, my first thought when I read the article was "Ah, yes, Sugita is the perfect replacement for this character." Will it be a different experience? Sure. Can Sugita play up a character that only cares about his idol and boobs and nude pictures, however? Absolutely.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1