• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Spotlight - Asobi Asobase

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:07 am Reply with quote
Honestly, the way this series is described, it sounds like a mess. I can't really figure what its focus is supposed to be or how these characters interact well with each other (narratively, of course).

Also, is it me, or is there some weird assumption that because a character is westerner-looking, they must know English? I mean, English-speakers don't have a monopoly on people named Olivia...
Kicksville

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:15 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
Also, is it me, or is there some weird assumption that because a character is westerner-looking, they must know English? I mean, English-speakers don't have a monopoly on people named Olivia...

Reminds me of that one Azumanga Daioh sketch.

"No good! He's German!!"
Moonsaber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:33 am Reply with quote
From the clip this show is either going to be truly terrible, or pretty damn funny. I will give it an episode or two to prove itself.

I mean, who would have suspected that Hinamatsuri was going to be so good? One episode was enough for it to prove itself.

I generally try out a show for one episode, sometimes I immediately drop them and find out I missed a gem, rarely.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:42 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
Honestly, the way this series is described, it sounds like a mess. I can't really figure what its focus is supposed to be or how these characters interact well with each other (narratively, of course).

I guess you're right. I mean, just because she's blonde-haired and blue-eyed doesn't mean she's from America. She could be European. Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1