• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My Hero Academia Anime's New Visual Previews 'Pro Hero Provisional License Exam' Arc

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LoriasGS

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:08 am Reply with quote
I wonder what they'll do for the whole 2nd cour. This arc was quite short but the one that follows it is quite long. I can't see them stretching out the Provisional License Exam arc to a full 12 episodes but they won't have time to do both this and the 8 Precepts arc which follows it.
AlanOne

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:21 am Reply with quote
And also on the 14 July is the birthday of "Hiryu Rin" according to an android app that list the birthday, I hope is not a coincidence and made on purpuse.Anime hyper
Zeino

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:31 am Reply with quote
LoriasGS wrote:
I wonder what they'll do for the whole 2nd cour. This arc was quite short but the one that follows it is quite long. I can't see them stretching out the Provisional License Exam arc to a full 12 episodes but they won't have time to do both this and the 8 Precepts arc which follows it.

It's 23 chapters long in the manga so I think they can make it into 12 episodes that don't feel that padded or slow. Who knows, Bones might toss in another anime-original episode again.

Last edited by Zeino on Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total
LoriasGS

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:44 am Reply with quote
Zeino wrote:
LoriasGS wrote:

It's 23 chapters long in the manga so I think can make it into 12 episodes that don't feel that padded or slow. Who knows, Bones might tossing in another anime-original episode again.

Was it really? I seem to remember it being a relatively short arc, oh well I'm probably just misremembering it, that's good then nothing to worry about.
Drunk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:05 am Reply with quote
LoriasGS wrote:

Was it really? I seem to remember it being a relatively short arc, oh well I'm probably just misremembering it, that's good then nothing to worry about.

You may refer to the arc after the exam. That one was relatively long with 40 chapters followed by a 6 chapter mini arc. 46 chapters is by the way a good length for another 24/25 episode season. *looks at Shueisha/Studio Bones*
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:27 am Reply with quote
Look at my boy Gang Orca looking like he's ready to kick ass in the background.

Also this visual is a really cool mix of the covers of volume 12 and 13, I wonder if that was the goal or I'm just imagining.
Feli1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:44 am Reply with quote
yeah this is definitely around were I stopped reading the series cause I just wasn’t feeling it only thing I could hope is for at least longer and better fights cause besides looking nice the fights in this series are pretty garbage [/i]
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:15 am Reply with quote
^that bad bait.
HueyLion

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:21 am Reply with quote
Poster looking awesome!
Especially that certian woman in the top right, she's got quite a villainous look Wink
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:39 am Reply with quote
Feli1 wrote:
yeah this is definitely around were I stopped reading the series cause I just wasn’t feeling it only thing I could hope is for at least longer and better fights cause besides looking nice the fights in this series are pretty garbage [/i]

Actually its around this point that the fights start improving in terms of technical choreography so yeah bait comment. Laughing
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:59 am Reply with quote
Camie time.
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Very nice to see MHA continuing through the summer! Very Happy

But I'm also a bit concerned that the series is quickly catching up with the manga.
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:25 pm Reply with quote
SWAnimefan wrote:

But I'm also a bit concerned that the series is quickly catching up with the manga.

It's really not. The most recent episode (13 of a planned 25 for this season) covered up to Chapter 99. If this season ends where most expect it to it'll probably get to around chapter 119. Currently the manga's at Chapter 188, and should hit 200 by the time Season 3 is over. Add to that the 6 months before (presumably) Season 4 and and the manga would still be roughly 100 chapters ahead of the anime.
Hawkmonger

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:08 am Reply with quote
lossthief wrote:
SWAnimefan wrote:

It's really not. The most recent episode (13 of a planned 25 for this season) covered up to Chapter 99. If this season ends where most expect it to it'll probably get to around chapter 119. Currently the manga's at Chapter 188, and should hit 200 by the time Season 3 is over. Add to that the 6 months before (presumably) Season 4 and and the manga would still be roughly 100 chapters ahead of the anime.

And long may it stay that way. The 2 core yearly syndication for MHA has been one of the reasons for it's success, it's allowing the manga breathing space and the creative crew behind the anime the time they need to work on the series. It's kicking weekly filler anime in the teeth.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1