• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - A Spirit of the Sun

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike.motaku

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Huh. Different strokes. I really enjoyed A Spirit of the Sun. I found it thoroughly engaging and deeply emotional. And, my highest praise, I wanted to see more. I liked the real life look at a natural catastrophe from the early efforts at evacuation and rescue, to the geo-political machinations that were a consequence of an entire country desperately needing help in recovering from the disaster and losing their sovereignty as a result. Genichiro's boundless enthusiasm and positivity, even in the face of the desperate situations in the refugee camps made me want to know more about him as a real human being. Pretty good work for a cartoon.
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Unrelated to the article:

Regarding the Re:Zero blu-ray, we know that it has technical problems and is worst than the stream version, but are DVDs affected in any way?
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:10 pm Reply with quote
mike.motaku wrote:
Huh. Different strokes. I really enjoyed A Spirit of the Sun. I found it thoroughly engaging and deeply emotional. And, my highest praise, I wanted to see more. I liked the real life look at a natural catastrophe from the early efforts at evacuation and rescue, to the geo-political machinations that were a consequence of an entire country desperately needing help in recovering from the disaster and losing their sovereignty as a result. Genichiro's boundless enthusiasm and positivity, even in the face of the desperate situations in the refugee camps made me want to know more about him as a real human being. Pretty good work for a cartoon.

unfortunately, its not popular enough to warrant the series getting a reboot ala FMA: Brotherhood where its more faithful to the manga! just goes to show that nothing is timeless. even a juggernaut company like MADHOUSE once was!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1