• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/Grand Order Smartphone Game Gets Both TV Anime, Anime Film Projects

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:56 am Reply with quote
Nice.

This was just a matter of not if but when. Glad FGO anime is coming in more ways than one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ayashe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:00 am Reply with quote
My prayers have been answered! I'd rather Camelot as the TV series though.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:05 am Reply with quote
Two Camelot arc movies? Holy Artoria tits, that's exactly what it needs.
Psajdak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:13 am Reply with quote
While I may not like all Nasuverse characters, I think Fate franchise has some of the most recognizable designs overall.

More Nasuverse anime is always welcome.

Btw, I don't wanna be there is no Tsukihime anime, and I didn't think original series was bad (it was okay), maybe because I'm not VN reader, but as a person who shares love for anime in general, and also have some wish for certain anime adaptations - Yokohama Kaidashi Kiko manga adapted in entirety (OVAs are beautiful, but too short), I would really love for those who are fans of Tsukihime VN to have another adaptation of it, this time longer, closer to source material, and of course, packed in level of animation we have today.

Maybe it wouldn't be perfect for anyone, or maybe even not good enough, but at least it would be there for everyone to at least give it a try, and possibly enjoy, instead of not existing at all.
theilikepie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:37 am Reply with quote
Woohoo. Another Male master. At least there's no seibah clone this time. And the animations pretty nice. Nice of them to adapt the least fan service filled chaptere
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:53 am Reply with quote
theilikepie wrote:
Woohoo. Another Male master. At least there's no seibah clone this time. And the animations pretty nice. Nice of them to adapt the least fan service filled chaptere

What do you mean by another male master? :O Ritsuka has been the MC in everything FGO animated aside from 1 or 2 game commercials.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:56 am Reply with quote
theilikepie wrote:
At least there's no seibah clone this time.
Of course. Because why we need the clones when it will be the original one.. which still even isn't the same.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:24 am Reply with quote
Well all hype for Babylon is dead.

An A-1 Pictures subsidiary studio is working on it, the same studio that did Darling in the Franxx & the Persona 5 anime.

At least the Camelot movies has a more trustworthy studio backing it.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:31 am Reply with quote
Scion Drake wrote:

An A-1 Pictures subsidiary studio is working on it, the same studio that did Darling in the Franxx & the Persona 5 anime.

Well at the least Camelot movies has a more trustworthy studio backing it.

No idea why all the hype would be gone. The story's already written and the medium in which it was written is much closer to anime than the 2 you mention (Well, at least P5).

FranXX has stellar animation and the only thing that really jumped the shark was the plot on the last few episodes (as i mentioned, PLOT is already written beforehand, so no sudden changes) and P5 started shaky as hell and is getting better and better by the week adaptation wise. SO yeah, the hype is all there for me.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:44 am Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:
Scion Drake wrote:

No idea why all the hype would be gone. The story's already written and the medium in which it was written is much closer to anime than the 2 you mention (Well, at least P5).

FranXX has stellar animation and the only thing that really jumped the shark was the plot on the last few episodes (as i mentioned, PLOT is already written beforehand, so no sudden changes) and P5 started shaky as hell and is getting better and better by the week adaptation wise. SO yeah, the hype is all there for me.

Well Franxx had the benefit of having Studio Trigger for help & from what I'm hearing the P5 anime is a very bland adaptation & show in general so pardon me for being a little bit cautious.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:54 am Reply with quote
Scion Drake wrote:
AksaraKishou wrote:
Scion Drake wrote:

Well Franxx had the benefit of having Studio Trigger for help & from what I'm hearing the P5 anime is a very bland adaptation & show in general so pardon me for being a little bit cautious.

Tbf there's a difference between being cautious and all hype is dead...
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:58 am Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:
Scion Drake wrote:
AksaraKishou wrote:
Scion Drake wrote:

Tbf there's a difference between being cautious and all hype is dead...

Well forgive me then, I have a tendency to be over-dramatic & exaggerate.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:01 am Reply with quote
I wonder how many anime adaptations TYPE-MOON decide to announce in a year? They just don't stop coming and they don't stop coming...

Either way I'm really hyped (like, every effing year) for their anime adaptation. The two singularities were written by Nasu himself and they were considerably better than previous singularities. Though it might be a questionable choice for anime-only watcher, I think this decision is not wrong.

I'm just hoping they don't disappoint.
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:33 am Reply with quote
Only Camelot and Babylonia? Man couldn't they at least make one for E Pluribus Unum!? I loved that one....oh well at least we'll getting more Fate so that's always a plus.
7jaws7

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:46 am Reply with quote
SpaceTheGamer wrote:
Only Camelot and Babylonia? Man couldn't they at least make one for E Pluribus Unum!? I loved that one....oh well at least we'll getting more Fate so that's always a plus.

I would love to see the fight between spoiler[Scáthach and Cú Alter, even though it’d be difficult to see my waifu getting skewered.]

But Camelot has been my favorite so far, so I’m happy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4