• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Space Battleship Yamato 2202 Anime Film Project Casts Megumi Hayashibara, Arisa Komiya

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ValkyrieZeroZeroOne

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:33 am Reply with quote
Probably only coincidental, but I like that the crew of the Bebop are working on the same show one last time, even if they're unlikely to share scenes (that said, I can think of ways that they can share scenes between two characters at a time given the original storyline in the upcoming episode period).
Wrangler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:40 am Reply with quote
I'm curious about the poster. Kinda invokes Yamato 2525 with that weird bridge/superstructer in some sense of the word.

Lordy i hope their not replacing the ship.
ValkyrieZeroZeroOne

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:44 am Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:
I'm curious about the poster. Kinda invokes Yamato 2525 with that weird bridge/superstructer in some sense of the word.

Like a lot of 2202's "new" designs, it's a regurgitated Makoto Kobayashi design from Yamato Resurrection.

I wouldn't worry too much, Yamato will still be around come the last episode.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:53 am Reply with quote
Funimation has apparently paused the streaming for Yamato 2202; there have been no new episodes posted after episode 13. I assume the same thing is happening at Crunchyroll.
Sandstar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Wrangler wrote:

I'm guessing the new ship is the one that rams Zordar's ship in the end, ala arrivederci Yamato.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:10 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Funimation has apparently paused the streaming for Yamato 2202; there have been no new episodes posted after episode 13. I assume the same thing is happening at Crunchyroll.

Well it is still being released in Japan. My guess is they’re waiting for a buffer to be built with the new release.

Dammit and I really want to see what happens next.
ValkyrieZeroZeroOne

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:

Well it is still being released in Japan. My guess is they’re waiting for a buffer to be built with the new release.

Dammit and I really want to see what happens next.

They'll probably want to play the last 13 episodes as a season, and given the last four won't be released in Japan until probably February, they may resume the series in January but it may be later than that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1