• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Conception TV Anime Reveals Returning Cast, October 9 Premiere, Visual

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:53 am Reply with quote
H-hmm. On the one hand, the character designs are cute and I love Ono Yuuki. On the other, the premise definitely has me tilting my head and squinting a bit . . .

I suppose I’ll wait for the trailer to come out first before thinking about it too deeply.
teferi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:27 am Reply with quote
Quote:
On the other, the premise definitely has me tilting my head and squinting a bit . . .

I don't know what to think about Gonzo doing a show like this. It's not like they've never done any raunchy shows but the studio that did Speed Grapher/Samurai 7/FMP/Last Exile etc. etc. is reduced to doing a show about a protagonist who by the looks of things is supposed to **** his way to victory.
Sahmbahdeh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:13 am Reply with quote
Wow, they're really just getting to the meat of the issue with this premise, huh. Cut out all the chaff and get to the real reason all these degenerate otaku like isekai stories: They just want an excuse to bang cute girls. Can't fault the show for being honest.
DLH112

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:39 pm Reply with quote
This seems... random? an anime adaptation of a game that came out 6 years ago? Most ones I can think of were 3 years later at most (other than 'remakes' like Fate). Maybe Conception 3 will be announced or a port/remaster of the first 2 games soon, I can't think of any real reason this would be made otherwise.
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1