• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Identifying Manga.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaporwave.jpg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Hello,
I'm new here but trying to find a manga that was released somewhat recently. I forgot the name and author. please help its driving me crazy.

Its an Isekai manga with a female MC that is in high school. So basically the MC who has black hair and is in her school uniform is transported to another world in the middle of nowhere. She runs across the daughter of a Duke and saves her I think, anyways the Dukes daughter takes the MC home to her mansion in a coach. when the MC arrives she is greeted by the Duke and his family (they are all blond) she "lies" and says She came from a far away land (japan) to make money for her family or something. They say that they need to repay Her and ask to adopt Her. She refuses and asks for a store and they give it to Her.

now the MC has a shop in the capitol and Her Special Power is to be able to go back and forth between her world and this one. She buys stuff from Earth and sells it in her shop then takes the gold and trades it for money in her world, with the ultimate goal of retiring at 20 or something. she then uses the money to buy guns and get self defense/weapon training on earth. That's about all I can remember, hope someone can identify this manga,
Thanks!

-Vaporwave.jpg

Last edited by Vaporwave.jpg on Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:13 am Reply with quote
Hey y'all,
I read this one shot manga a few years back and I've searched everywhere and can't find the title. It is about a girl who's brother just died and she is extremely sad and this blonde haired guy who says he's an angel shows up and says he's her guardian angel and they go around the whole day and they get ice cream together and in the end it turns out he is her brother's friend who was worried about her and showed up.
Has anyone read this one before and knows the title or even author?
population_tire

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:54 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Drowning_Wolf wrote:
So you're telling me I just bought Tetragrammaton Labyrinth for nothing? Rolling Eyes

Let me just say that I bought Tetragrammaton Labyrinth based on the same situation. Turned out to be different, I thought maybe it would come up in a later volume, but that wasn't the case. I would still like to know what series that image was from, looks like a kick a** series.

Over 10 years later I finally found it. It's called Cynthia the Mission.
ranisptn

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:33 am Reply with quote
Hello everyone, specifically made an account to ask this question. Has been bothering me for awhile now, would be very honored if the forum could solve this riddle once and for all. Here goes.

So all i could remember from this manga is its’ high school setting + the main character is a girl with short black hair, if i’m not mistaken she can’t stop herself from thinking about pervy stuffs? Then there’s a quiet boy, also black-haired, who goes to the same school and when he touches people they’ll let out their thoughts out loud, so yea imagine the commotion when both of them are combined.

I think there’s a scene where they had to clean up a mess, something about the girl screwing up/ something happened that they had to clean the mess together and the boy avoided touching the girl at all costs/ the girl was somewhat riled up because the boy is being cold towards her but actually he doesn’t want her to find out about his ‘superpower’. Gosh am really sorry everything is just so blurry.

Sorry for being very vague and giving out highly generic/ downright confusing descriptions, Only got to read the first chapter. Any help would mean so much.

Thank you and have a nice day Very Happy[/u]
Doktor haus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:27 am Reply with quote
I remember reading about a horror manga (might've been from an anthology) where a guy was immobilized in broad daylight by some inexplicable long wires. Also it might've been set in 1920s-era Japan. Or am I just going crazy?
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:59 pm Reply with quote
@Doktor Haus
That sounds like a Junji Ito thing, have you double checked if it might've been something of his? I feel like he made some Coraline-like thing, except with becoming suspended by wires (like a marionette) instead of button eyes. If it came out in English (I wanna say it did), it should be in one of his anthologies (Shiver or Fragments of Horror, most likely)
MCM786

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:33 pm Reply with quote
I remember reading a manga/manhwa where the protagonist as a baby was saved from a dragon by a cultivator who becomes his master the master has another disciple who's one hand is broken or something I remember him not using that hand anyhow later the protagonist gets a letter from his master which is for marrying the daughter of city lord or something which he goes to their house to refuse but since the step mother was forcing him to refuse he decides to not refuse or something

At this point even I don't know whether I m making sense or not
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:23 pm Reply with quote
I am making a list of all manga I remember reading and I cannot remember the title (either in english or japanese) its a shoujo manga about a boy whose life is saved/abducted by a crazy doctor who does experiments and is turned into a girl who can also turn into a butterfly monster.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:39 am Reply with quote
From what i can remember the mc needs to get back his 'real' limbs back from these demons,(he was also born from light or something like that) Um his dad is super powerful and he has a brother that is evil. Also i remember somewhere in the manga this mc sacrifices him self during a war and 'dies'. He disappears for a couple years and returns to fight someone or something like that. Thats all i can remember please help. Thank you
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:50 pm Reply with quote
^That really sounds a lot like Dororo.
Do you remember how long ago you read it? What decade the manga is maybe from?
silicia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:06 am Reply with quote
Hi everyone! It will be a great help if someone could help me with this. There is a manga which I read on manga town Smile but I forgot its name . It was a coloured manga if I m not wrong and the main protagonist was a short haired girl. The story starts when she is runing and I dont remember how but somehow she end s up falling from a great height and just when she thinks she is going to be dead she is saved by a god who has taken the form of a dog many things happens and the girl is surrounded by misfortune and is very unlucky and to save the girl the god makes an contract with her where according to the contract she has to stay near him and have to make him offerings. Then after the contract suddenly it turns out that she is wearing a pretty dress(something like a kimono). This is how much I remember so please somebody help me get the name of this manga. Sad

Thank you

Last edited by silicia on Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:53 am; edited 2 times in total
SonHoeku

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:38 am Reply with quote
I have a photo of one of the main two protagonists. It was a run of the mill school life romance.
A few screenshots I have of the manga i forgot the name of https://imgur.com/gallery/hIpqHcY
Help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Google image search lead me to Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai!, and the character of Sugoi.
2maxout

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:45 pm Reply with quote
I am trying to find a manga where the character reborn as a female. She was gifted with max of everything. She have super strength and have a hard time controlling it. Later the family said something about it being like her father or something. In this world when they get to a certain age they need to go to a place and touch a crystal to see their blessing they received from god.

During this ceremony she met several important noble and she doesn't want to stand out. One of these important people were the prince. As she was walking towards the crystal she twisted her ankle and was falling down. Afraid of standing out she prevented herself from regaining balance because she was afraid of accidentally break something with her super strength. The prince was nearby, caught her, and helped her regain balance. She proceeded to approach the crystal and a bright light lit the room and broke the crystal. Thankfully she was last and left. This was all around the age of 5 or so if I remember correctly.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:36 am Reply with quote
Vaporwave.jpg wrote:
Hello,
I'm new here but trying to find a manga that was released somewhat recently. I forgot the name and author. please help its driving me crazy.

Its an Isekai manga with a female MC that is in high school. So basically the MC who has black hair and is in her school uniform is transported to another world in the middle of nowhere. She runs across the daughter of a Duke and saves her I think, anyways the Dukes daughter takes the MC home to her mansion in a coach. when the MC arrives she is greeted by the Duke and his family (they are all blond) she "lies" and says She came from a far away land (japan) to make money for her family or something. They say that they need to repay Her and ask to adopt Her. She refuses and asks for a store and they give it to Her.

now the MC has a shop in the capitol and Her Special Power is to be able to go back and forth between her world and this one. She buys stuff from Earth and sells it in her shop then takes the gold and trades it for money in her world, with the ultimate goal of retiring at 20 or something. she then uses the money to buy guns and get self defense/weapon training on earth. That's about all I can remember, hope someone can identify this manga,
Thanks!

-Vaporwave.jpg

You might already know.

"Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World for my Retirement"
Original Story: Funa
Manga Adapation: Keisuke Motoe

English Publisher: Sol Press.

Like it, can't wait for Volume 2.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 31 of 33