• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Reveals English Dub Casts for Goblin Slayer, Ulysses, Zombie Land Saga Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:31 am Reply with quote
Initially, Funi listed Caitlin Glass as directing the "Goblin Slayer" dub but removed those listings. I found that removal happened after she tweeted that Tabitha Ray is directing the simuldub. Why Jeanne in "Ulysses" doesn't have her Eng. dub VA listed yet doesn't make sense.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:00 am Reply with quote
Hooray for ZLS! So Brina will be delivering those rhymes to us, huh? Not a bad choice. Rest of the cast looks pretty solid as well.
Raebo101

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:53 am Reply with quote
Treeborn wrote:
Hooray for ZLS! So Brina will be delivering those rhymes to us, huh? Not a bad choice.

Brina Palencia is kind of a safe choice when you think about it; who better to play the girl who does most of the singing than one of FUNimation's music directors? Still, I'm really looking forward to her performance and I appreciate that the casting director cast mostly actors that can sing or at least have sung in anime before. Ricco Fajardo was one of my picks for Kotaro as well, but who I really wanted to play Kotaro is... Johnny Yong Bosch. Since he was in Free: Dive to the Future last season (as a reprisal, sure, but still), it wouldn't have been too far fetched to cast him as the Mamoru Miyano character, I thought. Razz
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:05 am Reply with quote
I was hoping Amanda Lee and Brina would be in this, but I predicted their roles to be different (Brina as Yugiri and Amanda as Saki).

I was super wrong about the GS cast though. Hopefully this isn't a case where they threw lesser known names because they think the show won't be good. Though more Brittany Lauda and Sara Ragsdale is always a good thing, though Mallorie Rodak is an odd choice for High Elf Archer but I'm sure she'll be fine. Can't wait to listen.
Morry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:23 am Reply with quote
Wait, the guy who voiced Tyyki is the voice of Gobinslayer? Now I have to watch this.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:40 am Reply with quote
Morry wrote:
Wait, the guy who voiced Tyyki is the voice of Gobinslayer? Now I have to watch this.

Also Ryan Steele from VR Troopers...not that anyone remembers that show.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:20 am Reply with quote
Ricco's a fun choice for Kotaro. If he acts like his character in Nanbaka that will be hilarious

Kadmos1 wrote:

Why Jeanne in "Ulysses" doesn't have her Eng. dub VA listed yet doesn't make sense.

she doesn't show up in the the first ep
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:29 am Reply with quote
No confirmation on who will be voicing Lizard Priest? Darn.

Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Also Ryan Steele from VR Troopers...not that anyone remembers that show.

I actually do remember it. XD
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Kristen McGuire as Fighter

I am so sorry.
Morry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Is Hayden Daviau an alias for Kira Buckland...?
Primus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Morry wrote:

No.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Sweet! A new talent among them. Can't wait to hear what Hayden Daviau is like.

Morry wrote:

Kira Buckland doesn't need one; she's been in Funimation dubs before and has used her normal name.
Morry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Okay, so she just sounds a lot like her. Thanks for the clarification!
Treeborn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:
Treeborn wrote:
Hooray for ZLS! So Brina will be delivering those rhymes to us, huh? Not a bad choice.

Brina Palencia is kind of a safe choice when you think about it; who better to play the girl who does most of the singing than one of FUNimation's music directors? Still, I'm really looking forward to her performance and I appreciate that the casting director cast mostly actors that can sing or at least have sung in anime before. Ricco Fajardo was one of my picks for Kotaro as well, but who I really wanted to play Kotaro is... Johnny Yong Bosch. Since he was in Free: Dive to the Future last season (as a reprisal, sure, but still), it wouldn't have been too far fetched to cast him as the Mamoru Miyano character, I thought. Razz

Yeag, true, true. I could have also easily seen Alexis Tipton as Sakura though, but Brina's pretty solid. Now we wait!
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:00 am Reply with quote
Treeborn wrote:
Hooray for ZLS! So Brina will be delivering those rhymes to us, huh? Not a bad choice. Rest of the cast looks pretty solid as well.

Brina has a beautiful singing voice. Also, it's not that common to appear in an anime that is a mixture of a zombie apocalypse, idol girls, and a harem. I think it would be nice if Funi does some behind-the-scenes stuff regarding the music and show it on Twitter or FunimationNow.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2