• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Stuffed Ein Is Good for Cuddles, Not for Math Homework

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Oh yes. Yes please.
Richmyster84

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:37 am Reply with quote
those prices are ridiculous. It baffles me that people are willing to pay such inflated prices for merchandise.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:15 am Reply with quote
Richmyster84 wrote:
those prices are ridiculous. It baffles me that people are willing to pay such inflated prices for merchandise.
I'm baffled too. Now if you will excuse me, on the unrelated note, I've got some shopping to do.
reanimator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Richmyster84 wrote:

I'm not surprised, considering every anime merchandise from Japan is always in limited quantity due short popularity life span. Titles like Cowboy Bebop will do anniversary run every 10~20 years and eventually fade away from fan conscious. Only way to keep franchise relevant to popular conscious is to keep making sequels or remakes.

Even though Cowboy Bebop is popular among westerners, it's not mainstream enough for JP manufacturer to pump out merchandises year after year. It's not Crayon Shinchan or Doraemon or Detective Conan/Case Closed. Once those merchandises are sold out, merchandise manufacturer will not do second run until next anniversary.
ninjamitsuki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:51 pm Reply with quote
I can understand these sort of prices for things like figures or really well-made accurate plushies (in fact, I have a ton of plushies that go for that price), but this doesn't even look that much like Ein. This looks like a generic corgi plush you could buy for much cheaper.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:23 am Reply with quote
^^I wouldn't even say that, it barely looks like a dog and what breed isn't recognizable. A friend says what they made is a Terrier/Corgi mix but definitely not a Welsh Corgi which Ein is...I'm sure I've seen other merch and even "knock-offs" that look more like Ein than this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1