• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hunter x Hunter Manga Goes Back on Hiatus in December

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tintor2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:02 am Reply with quote
This is kind of ridiculous when you realize Togashi has barely made illustrations in these past chapters
Brack

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:28 am Reply with quote
tintor2 wrote:
This is kind of ridiculous when you realize Togashi has barely made illustrations in these past chapters

And still managed to introduce dozens of new characters to an already crowded arc.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:40 am Reply with quote
He might want to extend his breaks before coming back again. He doesn't write a manga anymore, but a novel. This arc needs some kind of revelation or something, it is easily the worst thing in the magazine right now.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:56 am Reply with quote
Maybe he should just finish the Manga, resume the Anime, and have him as the writter once the Manga marital ends.
Calico

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:06 am Reply with quote
He's been off hiatus twice this year now, so it looks like he's found a schedule that works for him. I'll miss hxh, as it's easily the best thing in the magazine whenever it's running, but what matters is his health.
Gasero

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:27 am Reply with quote
Either Togashi is trolling or he should seriously consider getting more help with the series if he wants to keep it going for a long time.

I hope his health improves, but this inconsistent schedule is silly.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:17 pm Reply with quote
It's almost as if demanding authors to write one single series on a rigorous schedule for years isn't that good of an idea for people with severe health issues.
Mistaken

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:31 pm Reply with quote
haitus x haitus lives up to its name once again.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:16 pm Reply with quote
I knew it! Laughing He needs to just give up and end this trainwreck of a manga.
Tylerr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
It's almost as if demanding authors to write one single series on a rigorous schedule for years isn't that good of an idea for people with severe health issues.

not like they force him to do it... he could easily hire more help but chooses not to while taking more time off than all the other authors combined.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:01 pm Reply with quote
It’s amazing how well this series still sells despite its....... slow stream of content among other issues.

Goes to show ya that fans are loyal & it take a serious lot to actually drive them away.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Calico wrote:
He's been off hiatus twice this year now, so it looks like he's found a schedule that works for him. I'll miss hxh, as it's easily the best thing in the magazine whenever it's running, but what matters is his health.
He's found a schedule long time ago — and that's the volume releases once in a year, that still brings a lot more money than to half of Jump new titles with consistent releases: so he made enough chapters for new volume and goes to hiatus again.
MCAL

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:32 pm Reply with quote
The last two hiatuses have taken about five months each, so if the next one is too, then we can probably surmise Togashi has found a working formula now.

Incidentally Hunter x Hunter is actually going to have more chapters in this year than Detective Conan, which are words I never thought I would say.
Firefly251

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:36 pm Reply with quote
MCAL wrote:

Incidentally Hunter x Hunter is actually going to have more chapters in this year than Detective Conan, which are words I never thought I would say.

thats fine. Its when D.Gray-man has more than conan that you need to be worried.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Refresh my memory please. How does this series compare to Berserk, as regards the frequency and duration of hiatuses?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2