• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Japanese-Language Channel FAMILY GEKIJO U.S. Airs Space Battleship Yamato III Anime, The Next Genera

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:37 pm Reply with quote
I'm curious to know how it's a USA network and yet nothing's playing with English subs? I would've loved to look this up and be able to watch the live-action Patlabor series.
Primus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:52 pm Reply with quote
pachy_boy wrote:
I'm curious to know how it's a USA network and yet nothing's playing with English subs? I would've loved to look this up and be able to watch the live-action Patlabor series.

The channel's aimed at Japanese immigrants living in the United States. It's probably in the same expensive tier as any other foreign language TV channel.
CatSword

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
pachy_boy wrote:

The channel's aimed at Japanese immigrants living in the United States. It's probably in the same expensive tier as any other foreign language TV channel.

TV Japan shows some stuff, including anime, with English subs - though they're definitely in the most expensive tier. ($25/month is a little pricy for the novelty of watching Anohana and One Piece subbed through a channel on DirecTV.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FLCLGainax

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:19 am Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:
Primus wrote:
pachy_boy wrote:

TV Japan shows some stuff, including anime, with English subs - though they're definitely in the most expensive tier. ($25/month is a little pricy for the novelty of watching Anohana and One Piece subbed through a channel on DirecTV.)
It's great for expats when there aren't any other channels on DirecTV in Japanese. Sometimes the morning news gets switched on for non-subscribers.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1