• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Former Bandai Employees Arrested for Fraud Related to Odaiba's Life-Size Gundam Statue

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The two men have been accused of asking the contractor who built the statue and organized a related event to overcharge Bandai by 10 million yen (about US$91,000) in 2013 and pocketing the extra.

Never mind Newtypes or any goals of spacenoid liberation, for the next Gundam series I want this to be the main plight of the antagonists.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Typical greed displayed here.
tuturuu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:

indeed, bandai should just let the dudes have the money, what's a few million yen to them?
RegisterJustForComment

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:51 pm Reply with quote
tuturuu wrote:
Hoppy800 wrote:

indeed, bandai should just let the dudes have the money, what's a few million yen to them?

Well. if they let them be, who knows maybe they will try to con people again and again and again and again because they think there's no one who will try to caught them.
TheAnimeRevolutionizer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
Quote:
The two men have been accused of asking the contractor who built the statue and organized a related event to overcharge Bandai by 10 million yen (about US$91,000) in 2013 and pocketing the extra.

Never mind Newtypes or any goals of spacenoid liberation, for the next Gundam series I want this to be the main plight of the antagonists.

I'm down with that. Yoshiyuki now shouldn't hesitate to get into the real nitty gritty of the moral dubiousness of military business and the military industrial complex, and its societal influence.
TexZero

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:23 am Reply with quote
TheAnimeRevolutionizer wrote:

I'm down with that. Yoshiyuki now shouldn't hesitate to get into the real nitty gritty of the moral dubiousness of military business and the military industrial complex, and its societal influence.

You know that actually sounds pretty interesting.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1