• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Jump Force Game Adds Naruto Characters Gaara, Kakashi, Kaguya

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:31 pm Reply with quote
While I’m glad that Naruto is getting the same amount of representation as One Piece and Dragon Ball (as advertised), and that we have a female character in a game with almost no female characters - did it have to be Kaguya?
explosionforgov

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Did Shonen Jump/Shueisha/Bandai Namco formally announce yet that one of the Dragon Quest characters (Dai) and Jotaro Kujo are also both going to be in the game? It appears both characters ended up in a group shot on advertising banners before officially getting a trailer or Twitter post about it.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
While I’m glad that Naruto is getting the same amount of representation as One Piece and Dragon Ball (as advertised), and that we have a female character in a game with almost no female characters - did it have to be Kaguya?

Being that she's one of the three primary antagonists of the final arc?
NJ_

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:07 pm Reply with quote
explosionforgov wrote:
Did Shonen Jump/Shueisha/Bandai Namco formally announce yet that one of the Dragon Quest characters (Dai) and Jotaro Kujo are also both going to be in the game? It appears both characters ended up in a group shot on advertising banners before officially getting a trailer or Twitter post about it.

Not yet and I saw those ads, nice to see Spike Chunsoft make use of those hidden data files that were found in J-Stars so I guess it won't be long until we find out that Dio will be in as well.
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:01 pm Reply with quote
There are so many jump series but they keep just adding characters that no one wants.

Where is the Gintama characters for example?
Saiki from Saiki no Kusuo?
Allen from D.Gray Man? (Technically not weekly shounen Jump anymore but it was a series on it)
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:25 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Gemnist wrote:

Though she is the least popular antagonist of that arc & least popular antagonist in general. All the other villains have far more fans than she does even on a rare good day.
jree78

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Played it at Pax South, it was pretty fun. It's basically one of the Naruto games with Jump characters.
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:33 pm Reply with quote
explosionforgov wrote:

I can confirm that both Shonen Jump and V Jump did not mention those characters in their issues (the latest issues of both magazines shipped on Monday in Japan). The claims are that Jotaro and Dai leaked through an official ad posted on Bandai Namco US' Instagram account, but Bandai Namco US took down that ad before any of our staff could confirm it. We're aware of the claims but since our staff couldn't confirm it firsthand, we won't be reporting on it. When/if they are announced officially, we'll be sure to report on it then.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Kaguya seems like an odd choice. Even from Naruto I'm sure there are better picks *shrug*
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:41 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Gemnist wrote:

Like the other user said, even though she’s the supreme antagonist of Naruto, she’s also the most hated and also the most overpowered. If it were me, I would have swapped out her and Gaara with Obito and Sakura respectively, in order to have all the main characters in the game and to have a primary villain that isn’t hated (Kaguya) and has not already been playable in similar games (Madara). It also helps keep equal representation with the only two manga series that are more commercially successful than Naruto (One Piece and Dragon Ball) at six fighters apiece (assuming we call Boruto a Naruto character), which seems to have been their intent.
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:24 am Reply with quote
Soulwarfare wrote:
Allen from D.Gray Man? (Technically not weekly shounen Jump anymore but it was a series on it)

I wouldn't be surprised if Hallow killed his chances plus Spike wouldn't be able to reuse any of his lines from J-Stars because he was recast for that season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1