• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Humanoid Monster Bem Franchise Gets New TV Anime in 2019

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:47 pm Reply with quote
We're getting a lot of oldies remakes going on recently. There's been a remake boom going on for the past few years now that's focused on 90s era or 20-30 year anniversary's, but just now I'm noticing stuff that's more "ancient" coming to light for a new generation. It's probably just me, but it's kind of nice.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:17 pm Reply with quote
I am guessing that GeGeGe no Kitarō raised interest in old yokai shows which helped it get a remake and the character designs are sufficiently updated for a 2019 anime. It will be interesting to see if the main goal of the characters is still trying to become human or if they will make changes to the story.
Kicksville

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:32 am Reply with quote
I doubt Kitaro had anything to do with it - it's part of Bem's 50th anniversary project, as mentioned, and this almost certainly had to have been in planning for a long time.

Range Murata hasn't done anything interesting in ages, so I hope his works here turns out well.
Konopan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:42 am Reply with quote
"Wow, I can't believe RE2Make was so popular that Mr. X got his own anime!"
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1