• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Rosario + Vampire Dub VA Jamie Marchi Alleges Mignogna Grabbed, Pulled Her Hair

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Levonr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:33 pm Reply with quote
[edit]- Nevermind, I shouldn't bring that person into this I guess.

Last edited by Levonr on Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
lycopene

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Really? You choose a show thats over 10 years old, and a role thats barely even in the show for your headline?
Levonr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:59 pm Reply with quote
lycopene wrote:
Really? You choose a show thats over 10 years old, and a role thats barely even in the show for your headline?

Yeah that was random, they probably just made a guess and don't know about her roles which isn't surprising from ANN. Like wouldn't Rias from High School DxD make more sense? She's probably most known for that role.

Last edited by Levonr on Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
ranran-001

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:00 pm Reply with quote
People trying to defend Vic can't fall back on the "only faceless allegations" at this point. Jamie Marchi is a person with voice acting experience, and if she was sexually harassed by Vic then this is starting to look more serious than a few hugs or kisses on the cheek.
Levonr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:04 pm Reply with quote
ranran-001 wrote:
People trying to defend Vic can't fall back on the "only faceless allegations" at this point. Jamie Marchi is a person with voice acting experience, and if she was sexually harassed by Vic then this is starting to look more serious than a few hugs or kisses on the cheek.

Are people not allowed to defend accusations?
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Derpinat0rz wrote:
get this alleged shitty crap off ANN. i hate coming into the site. and reading about stuff like this. im not saying that its good whatever its in the article. isn't this supposed to be "ANIMEnews" and not scandal's about what people did the evil things.

So, I had to test something since I never tried this on purpose before (no idea how but I did it once by accident), but this website does have a feature where you can filter out various types of articles. Whatever category you check within the box, that's what you will see. Anything you don't click, that's what you won't see. In this case, if you don't want to see the article, you have to leave "people" category unchecked.
Kakegurui

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Something must be very wrong with people who are STILL trying to defend a predator like Vic. So embarrassed for them.

Just stop defending a monster like Vic. There's simply too many evidences and incidents of Vic harassing people. This is not an isolated incident.

I applaud ANN for reporting this.
ranran-001

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Levonr wrote:
ranran-001 wrote:

What do you mean by that? Defending accusations suggests you are sticking up for Jamie, in which I would applaud you.
Levonr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:30 pm Reply with quote
ranran-001 wrote:

What do you mean by that? Defending accusations suggests you are sticking up for Jamie, in which I would applaud you.

Sorry I meant "defend [against] accusations". However I guess both sides deserve to defend, as long as its civil.
nargun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Levonr wrote:
ranran-001 wrote:

Sure.

Now, read it again. Check carefully exactly what is and isn't being said: the "can't" is "can't fall back on faceless allegations", not "can't defend [at all]". So you can "defend", but the way you can defend has changed. Previously "only faceless allegations" was OK, now -- because there aren't only faceless allegations -- it's not.

Your question:
+ is false in implication, being based on your own misunderstanding,
+ is aggressive and conflict-provoking

Do you think you could spend a bit more time checking exactly what you're responding to, next time, so as to reduce the chances of needless [accidental/erroneous] conflict?
stuffb

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Derpinat0rz wrote:
Troll post removed

Anime journalism in Japan reports on when the seiyuu are dating, are photographed drinking or on drugs, etc. I mean, there are multiple recent incidents of the publishers forcing seiyuu to apologize to their fans for being assaulted, along with having their careers ending due to reporting on the fact that they get married. The tabloid treatment of seiyuu in Japan is pretty widely reported. If anything, I'd say the reporting here has been pretty tame compared to how it would have been covered in Japan with Japanese seiyuu.

Personally, I think it's newsworthy if the cast and staff of anime are making public statements related to news in the anime community. If there was a public announcement about a marriage, a job, or a tragedy, it would probably be reported on ANN.
Freyanne

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:34 pm Reply with quote
stuffb wrote:

Personally, I think it's newsworthy if the cast and staff of anime are making public statements related to news in the anime community. If there was a public announcement about a marriage, a job, or a tragedy, it would probably be reported on ANN.

And the thing is, ANN already do it - we occasionally get articles about "JPN voice actor/actress/manga-ka in trouble for [insert bad/tabloid/taboo event and or situation here]", along with wedding/baby announcements and deaths. I don't exactly get why some people are surprised or shocked that ANN is reporting an article like that now. Is it because it's about Vic specifically? He's not the first US VA that's had a report on this site for doing something bad.

Last edited by Freyanne on Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Levonr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:37 pm Reply with quote
nargun wrote:

Do you think you could spend a bit more time checking exactly what you're responding to, next time, so as to reduce the chances of needless [accidental/erroneous] conflict?

Sure, no need for conflict.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Posts deleted. Let's not get into conspiracy theories.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dysangel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:09 pm Reply with quote
There are many cases of people lying to try and protect others. I know pretty much nothing about Vic Mignona or Jamie Marchi. Maybe he is a creep. Maybe she is a liar. But to just assume one OR the other based on feelings and no evidence, is gross.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10