• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crunchyroll Hires New Events, Marketing Heads

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarthKoopa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:54 am Reply with quote
They should hire people to fix their crappy website and video player instead
gacha

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:22 am Reply with quote
That doesn't sound good at all...
zunderdog24

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:32 am Reply with quote
What are you guys talking about? this is good news. A change in marketing and event can lead to big changes. Theres a very good chance that these areas will improve from what they are now. High guardian spice comes to mind. The crunchyroll awards is an event, that could improve a lot.
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:16 am Reply with quote
Sigh, Crunchyroll needs more infrastructure and a stable platform across devices! The sites crashed shown errors and failed as a stable service. The tech support is non existent on the site as well!
DerekL1963
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:21 am Reply with quote
Catseyetiger wrote:
Sigh, Crunchyroll needs more infrastructure and a stable platform across devices! The sites crashed shown errors and failed as a stable service. The tech support is non existent on the site as well!

Welcome to the world of Big Corporate Media, where sizzle is more important than the steak.
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:56 am Reply with quote
The best way to improve the Crunchyroll brand would be with a new website that consistently works. Their website is old and buggy with the biggest issue being the random downtimes along with smaller issues such as the disappearing comment sections in news articles.
joeydoa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:42 pm Reply with quote
MarthKoopa wrote:
They should hire people to fix their crappy website and video player instead

First thought that came to mind - they should be hiring a team of programmer/analysts to fix the day to day problems on the CR app on PS4 (once in a while), FireTV (everyday), the Roku TV seems pretty stable but I don't that one a lot. And only the fireTV shows whether you watched the current episode or not, the three apps I mentioned don't. I would be subscribing to Funimation like I used to but they got rid of subs,now they got them back - a year or two ago they redesigned their webpage making it extremely dysfunctional and there is more than one web address for funimation (WTF) which one do I Log in on etc. They could be alot more customers by cleaning up their online appearance and functinallity of apps. Hopefully Crunchyroll doesn't follow the same footsteps .
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:10 am Reply with quote
Catseyetiger wrote:

Chrono1000 wrote:
The best way to improve the Crunchyroll brand would be with a new website that consistently works. Their website is old and buggy with the biggest issue being the random downtimes along with smaller issues such as the disappearing comment sections in news articles.

The service might be more stable if it weren't constantly being sabotaged. Maybe bitter pirates need to stop DDOSing CR just because some of their favorite bootleg streaming sites got shut down or blocked.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1