• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: To the abandoned Sacred Beasts Anime Reveals New Visual, July Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:05 am Reply with quote
Why does this show and Fairy Gone have very similar plots?
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:01 am Reply with quote
Why not? Cool Similar plots happen all the time. The only time they become noticeable is when they come out at about the same time like this. Actually this is just the set-up not the overall plot. The two shows could end up very similar or go in very different directions plot wise. The devil is in the details. It doesn't even matter which was first. One could end up much better executed than the other even if it came later.
donhumberto

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:24 am Reply with quote
Nice to have already an airing date. Hopefully we'll get a PV soon
Key

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:44 am Reply with quote
I've read the first couple of volumes of the manga on this one, and it's a very serious story which has a significant action component but focuses primarily on how the Incarnates (aka Sacred Beasts) have trouble integrating back into normal society. Part of the problem is that most of them do not have even remotely human forms and can't revert, which has both social and practical physical consequences, but psychological factors are also examined.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:06 pm Reply with quote
The character designs are similar to The Book of Bantorra.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Wow so they're planning to make this an anime now?

I started reading this awhile back but stopped. I just never got around to requesting more ILL to read. Plus, I need to replace my glasses.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
Why not? Cool Similar plots happen all the time. The only time they become noticeable is when they come out at about the same time like this. Actually this is just the set-up not the overall plot. The two shows could end up very similar or go in very different directions plot wise. The devil is in the details. It doesn't even matter which was first. One could end up much better executed than the other even if it came later.
The plot also reminds me a bit of that WorldEnd anime that aired about two years ago or so but it's just weird to see two shows with similar synopsis coming out so soon after each other.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:33 pm Reply with quote
It is not really that uncommon, we had the same thing with Chivalry of a Failed Knight and Asterisk War . Hell, most of the "caught in a game world" shows have the same set up. It is how they are written and how they are animated that makes the difference.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1