• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Pokémon the Movie: The Power of Us Character Designer Shizue Kaneko

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:13 pm Reply with quote
I hope she designs the characters for the inevitable Pokémon: Sword and Shield anime.

Last edited by CastMember1991 on Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:13 pm Reply with quote
That's an amazing interview, thank you so much for doing interview with her. Her design for Pokemon is espacially amazing for that film she made, even though i am somewhat inexperienced Pokemon Serbian fan since only fewer Pokemon got broadcasted in Serbia due to lack of interest and the huge popularity of Digimon and Bandai-related games in Serbia (Nintendo is not a household name in Serbia, only Mario few Nintendo IP are popular in Serbia though and appear in Serbian magazine.

(sorry for my poor English)

Last edited by Aca Vuksa on Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:14 pm Reply with quote
CastMember1991 wrote:
I hope she designs the characters for the inevitable Pokémon: Sword and Shield anime.

I agree with that, Sword and Shield anime is gonna be much better than the Sun and Moon and the previous Pokemon anime, although i am sitll little bit inexperienced Pokemon Serbian fan due to lack of popularity in Serbia.

Aquasakura

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:53 pm Reply with quote
This was a wonderful interview and I am amaze the person that was interviewed made it this far without much schooling due to finances. I also loved the illustrations that were showcased. My most favorite one was the one feature with Ash (who at first I thought I was seeing a female depiction of Ash until I took a second close look) and his pikachu leaning on a building. It’s certainly a cute illustration that captures his laid back and friendly side to Ash.

Aca Vuksa wrote:

I agree with that, Sword and Shield anime is gonna be much better than the Sun and Moon and the previous Pokemon anime

How so? Is there anything you are hoping to see in the upcoming anime companion piece to the upcoming Pokémon games?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Steve Minecraft

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Aquasakura wrote:
How so? Is there anything you are hoping to see in the upcoming anime companion piece to the upcoming Pokémon games?

I think people just really, really don't like the Sun & Moon anime. Can't say I blame them.
Only Pokemon series I dropped. The games look like they're going back to the old formula so hopefully the anime does too.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:49 pm Reply with quote
^ Ah I see. I have seen some people mention they do not care for the Pokémon Sun and Moon anime. I would guess there is a high chance that the next Pokémon anime is going back to the old formula since Galaar is large enough to warrant a return to form.

In the meantime I plan to get back into watching Sun and Moon before Generation 8 starts. I already like the premise from the get go, but I want to see how far it went.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:14 am Reply with quote
@Aca Vuksa

I think Gen 8 anime will start of Female Protagoinst as having its Scorbunny as Pokemon while Ash stars Sobble as his starter Pokemon, that's what am i thinking. The story would be similiar to that of XY anime, but with two companions though.

Also, the traveling companion that is Gym Leader should be an compuer and scientist addicted guy whose his computer gets ealisy destroyed by Pikachu's electric moves. Also, he could use computer for the use of Scanning Pokemon instead of Ash having PokeDex around.
ballinamon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:47 am Reply with quote
Damn that's a handsome Ash
Aki_Leaves

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:18 am Reply with quote
My wife and I actually think the Sun and Moon anime is the best the series has been in a long time. It is inevitable that Ash is 10 forever, so having the more floaty art style makes him feel more likable and rambunctious. In previous series' he seems more bland in my opinion.

I enjoy seeing the slice of life antics and think the cast has a lot of personality. Alola has a lot of character and the lighter tone is a nice break from the constant gym gauntlet and inevitable loss at the Pokemon league.

I will miss Lana's sharp tongue and one liners when it's over, but am optimistic the new series will be great as well.
HK16

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:11 am Reply with quote
Nice design of Smoltoshi and Pikachu. So Kaneko worked on the Monsuto movie. I knew I sense a familiar familiar when I saw Satoshi's design. I'd also like to say that I like revealing outfits.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:09 am Reply with quote
Aca Vuksa wrote:

I think Gen 8 anime will start of Female Protagoinst as having its Scorbunny as Pokemon while Ash stars Sobble as his starter Pokemon, that's what am i thinking. The story would be similiar to that of XY anime, but with two companions though.

Also, the traveling companion that is Gym Leader should be an compuer and scientist addicted guy whose his computer gets ealisy destroyed by Pikachu's electric moves. Also, he could use computer for the use of Scanning Pokemon instead of Ash having PokeDex around.

I see. So that is your idea. However if you add the gym leader that makes three travel companions instead of two. Also, I think the gimmick with having the gym leader's computer destroy every time Ash's pikachu uses a electric move might run the risk of getting old before the series ends.

As for the computer being use in place of the pokédex, if that is going to happen then the gym leader needs to be present around the first episode as Ash is going to be encountering new pokémon the moment he enters Galaar (well that is unless he has the female avatar and the lead scientist of that region with him before he meets that particular gym leader). Otherwise, the pokédexes have been such a stable for a long time the chances of it getting replace is slim. Besides I don't see a reason for the pokédexes to be replace.
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:32 am Reply with quote
Aquasakura wrote:
Aca Vuksa wrote:

I see. So that is your idea. However if you add the gym leader that makes three travel companions instead of two. Also, I think the gimmick with having the gym leader's computer destroy every time Ash's pikachu uses a electric move might run the risk of getting old before the series ends.

As for the computer being use in place of the pokédex, if that is going to happen then the gym leader needs to be present around the first episode as Ash is going to be encountering new pokémon the moment he enters Galaar (well that is unless he has the female avatar and the lead scientist of that region with him before he meets that particular gym leader). Otherwise, the pokédexes have been such a stable for a long time the chances of it getting replace is slim. Besides I don't see a reason for the pokédexes to be replace.

And for the opening theme of the song anime, it would be an song named "Amazing!!!" by XOX, an Japanese boy group bands.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:18 pm Reply with quote
^ I cannot find the song on the internet, but I can imagine it sounds good.
Unknow0059

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:02 am Reply with quote
Ash becomes more of a twink by the second.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1