• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Hero Academia Manga Gets 2nd Anime Film in Winter

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Яeverse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:52 pm Reply with quote
uhm am confused how the source of the article is Jump issue 17, yet the first paragraph of this articles says the HeroAca Panel revealed the movie...
crazieanimefan1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:24 am Reply with quote
I didn't get to see the first one in theaters since it never came to mine. Now DBS Broly did come to my theater, so I hope they do it with the second movie of MHA. Both me and my husband are fans of the anime so he would enjoy seeing it.
Lizzie_B

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:54 am Reply with quote
I hope Toonami airs the 1st movie sometime later this year
Sekaro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:41 am Reply with quote
This is definitely rather surprising news but its not too hard to believe with how popular the series has become. I just hope it ends up being a much better movie than the first and please no recaps at the start Mad
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:01 am Reply with quote
Hype! The first movie is amazing and delivered one of the best fight of all time. Yutapon's best work easily. Can't wait to see what they'll do for the second one!
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:33 am Reply with quote
It seems that the first movie was a success. Coincidentally, the first movie will be added to Netflix, at least in the region I live, on April 1st. But you wanna know something funny, Two Heroes was dubbed into Spanish, but the anime has not, at least the manga is being published in Spanish.
Gasero

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:10 pm Reply with quote
This kind of worries me. I've enjoyed the slower pacing of MHA compared to the weekly shonen anime series.

Perhaps movie production won't have a negative effect on the manga and anime, but I still don't want MHA to become saturated so soon.

For now I'll just hope for the best.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:25 am Reply with quote
Neat! I didn't think the first movie was amazing or anything but I also can't say I regretted watching it or that I felt like I wasted my time or money, (That said I absolutely hated the fact that there were near constant flashbacks about things that happened earlier on in the film, it made it felt like a long filler episode of the TV show in the wrong way aside from the fact that on the whole the movie doesn't look that substantially different from the show)
InuKag1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:47 pm Reply with quote
YES!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1