• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation DVD Ranking, March 18-24

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HK16

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:11 am Reply with quote
What's funny is that the Duelist and Monsters Memorial Disc sold more than Super Fusion! Bonds That Transcend Time in their respective BD and DVD formats. The power of Black Magician Girl drawing users in?
tintor2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:46 am Reply with quote
HK16 wrote:
What's funny is that the Duelist and Monsters Memorial Disc sold more than Super Fusion! Bonds That Transcend Time in their respective BD and DVD formats. The power of Black Magician Girl drawing users in?

You know, I was confused when reading "Black Magician" so almost started laughing. Now, I get the name change Wink

Nice to see Yugioh getting some some love.
AmpersandsUnited

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:22 pm Reply with quote
HK16 wrote:

That would be odd considering it's not a new variant or has new art. You could get the same card for very cheap in Japan. Perhaps people just didn't care for that movie.
HK16

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:13 am Reply with quote
AmpersandsUnited wrote:
HK16 wrote:

That would be odd considering it's not a new variant or has new art. You could get the same card for very cheap in Japan. Perhaps people just didn't care for that movie.

You underestimating the power of BMG, the card people voted to be included in this set, and the fact that it isn't the same card that you can get for cheap?
MasterGhost

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:36 am Reply with quote
AmpersandsUnited wrote:
HK16 wrote:

That's because this promo has collector's value in it. It's not a new art, but it has the 20th Anniversary Rare foiling and is only available if you have pre-ordered the Blu-Ray. The card will definitely skyrocket in price once the Blu-Ray sells out, much like the Alternative White Dragon promo they gave out during the theatrical screening of the movie two years ago.

And yes, I bought the Blu-Ray with the promo card and haven't and don't intend to open it at all (think of it as some form of investment)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1